register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2013, 06:37 PM
Lore just seen that George is now Georgina....
Helena, freeze them as you get them and I'm sure they'll be fine. The black pudding sausages are gorjus I assure you
Raining here now, girlies had mackerel for tea funnily enough, only it was the tinned stuff in tomato sauce, steamed veg, cottage cheese and live yogurt, they ate their tea in seconds as per usual and I finished cleaning up to 4 expectant faces looking anxiously at me, they wanted pudding so they had a raw carrot each and dived on them and I hurriedly shut the door before they wanted coffee and biscuits and maybe even a liquor
Yeah Helena, I noticed flaming football back on, like you I want to know why it isn't on the sports channel, I think every man in the country plus their sons are subscribers to that!!!!
I will be channel hopping tonight looking for something I fancy watching.
Sally, they told me he doesn't want to come back up here but prefers it where he was, and I thought what a ...... cheek he has, I tell you it is a shame executions aren't public anymore because I think I would be wielding the sword myself.
Youngest son been on this afternoon again, so have given him the update, and he says he is coming over tomorrow to see me. He is still saying I should have told him when he was on holiday, I'm glad I didn't, its bad enough to have to tell him anyway, never mind spoiling their holiday.
I've told him I want to put the house as Joint Tenants now and as quickly as possible as I don't want there to be any possibility of my other son getting anything at all, except maybe a very large bill, wonder if you can leave your debts to someone, I'd enjoy that, running up a humungous bill to drop on his doormat a sort of farewell present
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 06:39 PM
L.S. - My OH and I use to fillet all the mackerel we caught when we use to take our boat down to the south coast. The fillets didn't look quite as good as those but they were gorgeous grilled with a little butter and lemon juice on.
June - Lol ... certainly more appealing nowadays.
Helena - Your heart must sink when you get phone calls from your van residents .... I'll make sure I do it daily ... only kidding.
Lore - Two girls, clearly a surprise
Eileen - Good luck .... someone has got to win and just maybe it'll be you.

There are probably lots more posts by now but I stopped mid-post for a meal my OH had cooked .... mmm it was lovely. Just the clearing up to do now.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 06:52 PM
It's piddling with rain for the first time in ages which is wonderful for the garden and our parched grass.

Fortunately no one in this household likes football, we are a rugby household. Still waiting for my son to phone for me to collect him from the station. This new job of his doesn't half involve long hours. He starts work at 8am and finishes at 7pm with an hour for lunch. He does get an early finish (5.30) one day a week which for him is a Tuesday but he didn't get it yesterday as his team has is down to 2 due to illness and holiday. They also finish around 5 on a Friday. Long, long hours.

Hi Sally Aloe Vera gel is fantastic for scratches, burns etc etc if you have any. It's so satisfying to get a big job done so I expect you are feeling very pleased with yourself .... in spite of having sore arms
June - Your posts do make me laugh .... slamming the door in case they wanted coffee and biscuits
Helena - Glad Dave is on a high at the moment .. it makes such a difference doesn't it. I'm just hoping Polly is back on a high by the time we come down as she was in doldrums on Saturday Rucksacks white hair on his paws and legs are turning pink as we speak from all the licking, chewing etc. There are no mites on him as I spray him as soon as he's had his walk, but there is nothing on the market to stop them biting in the first place poor dog .
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Great walk enjoyed that,has lifted my mood!! Any chance we might stop mentioning the long meaty things,normally seen in a fry up,the thought makes me ill As does anything done on a barbie and the things that cluck
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2013, 06:58 PM
Ok I'm home. Got in about 5pm. Caught up with Dillon and Gorden rung Michel to update him about mum who was in moany mood today. Good job Norah was with me and we ended up staying 3 hours. Then popped in to see Gill who is quite under the weather. She has been told this particular chemo can take up to a year to get out of your system.
Fed Dillon fed us now settling down time.

Pat glad to hear you are feeling better if not 100% . I hope you manage the camel park tomorrow.
Lorraine glad to hear the appointment with the Registrar went well. Stinky Scaleys.
Malka I am at a loss for words at the way you are being treated.
Helena can't recommend sausages can't stand the things except for Tesco turkey sausages.
jenny sorry to hear your visit to your mum was a trial.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 07:08 PM
So the decision was made to take the Germans to "The House of Marbles" Tang might know it.
It is a glass works, where you can watch glass blowing, higher class gift shops, restaurant and lots of unusual old fashioned toys etc.
When we got there it was piddling down. The car park was full to over flowing and we could see inside was bursting at the seams so we turned around and left!
Hubby had the bright idea...lets go to Dartmoor.
Yeah right, this is how Dartmoor looked;

So there was only one thing to do....go for a cream tea!

Now we know why they built a prison here, you would never get far on Dartmoor in the fog
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2013, 07:09 PM
Good luck with the mackerel hunt Linda.
Awww Eileen (((hugs))).
June Keshi is doing so well you should be so proud particularly with all the stress yo have been under.
I know I am feeling really bad about this but if this is the the one that makes me go wow what do I do live somewhere I am not really happy with or go with my heart and be happy. It might be cr*p yet and the cottage is the best option. I have to go and see it and make sure it is or isn't the right one
Harvey it is in Sedge Fen nr Lakenheath I hope it isn't the one you have in mind.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Evening Sally sounds like yo have had a very industrious day.
I hope the aching has subsided some what.
Pain about Corrie I was sat down with me wine and it was bl**dy football.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 07:13 PM
Jenny, poor Rucksack.....those mites are horrible things, and as you say, you can deal with them but they manage to get a bite in first. Thank you for reminding me about Aloe Vera, I have just snipped off a leaf and squeezed all the juice onto my arms, so heres hoping they look a little better in the monring! It would be just my luck for his lordship to announce that we have a dinner to attend at the weekend!!! Oh heck, I hope not.

Lynn, Gill must be really fed up now, especially if she has been told that it might be a year before she feels completely better. She is really going through it poor girl.

TW, it will be lovely to have your other son over tomorrow. He must be very concerned for you, so allow him to take care of you a bit
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Nippy, I had to laugh at those pics!! Rotten day, but even with that excuse you all look slightly guilty sitting there!!!
Page 6 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >