View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2013, 07:15 PM
I was born in Worcester and lived in redditch. Then Western Australia, then to Penzance in Cornwall and now here in Hertfordshire. I've been to a lot of places on holidays except Scotland and Ireland which I would love to do soon. But strangely enough I don't want to live anywhere else. I'm in the country with London 40 mins away and a town either side of me. I have the best of both worlds I suppose
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2013, 09:00 PM
Anywhere like London would be a hell hole for me as I'm a bit antisocial about neighbours so I'd live anywhere rural or remote. I've always dreamed about living on the West coast of Scotland but the weather (cant abide rain and darkness) plus mozzies put me off sadly. I guess I'd better stay put til I win the lottery then I'd stay here for summer and go down under for winter.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2013, 09:46 PM
Kerry. Fell in love with it a few years ago and could have gladly stayed there. Also loved Connemara when I went there and there are so many wonderful places in my home land of Wales too.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2013, 09:58 PM
We'd love a place in Cornwall, around St Agnes, but for now I guess holidays in lovely cottages will just have to do.....

kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2013, 08:14 AM
Northumberland without a doubt, somewhere near Bamburgh Castle with easy access to the beach!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 09:01 AM
A few spring to mind but this popped in first. Terraced cottage, right on the beach at Teignmouth, Back Beach, Devon. Especially if I could bring the weather with me and, of course the warm sea! Love it here and spent many a happy day down there.

In fact this one would do

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...-42064688.html

Nice little 'fixer upper' here for a song. But you'd probly have to spend more than the purchase price on the renovations.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
A few spring to mind but this popped in first. Terraced cottage, right on the beach at Teignmouth, Back Beach, Devon. Especially if I could bring the weather with me and, of course the warm sea! Love it here and spent many a happy day down there.

One of my favourite places too Tang. I certainly have no wish to move away from South Devon.
If I had to choose somewhere abroad it would be Norway or Denmark
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-08-2013, 09:25 AM
I actually really like where I currently live, just as well as I've been here about 15 years now. I can't think of anything worse for me than living in a holiday destination at home or abroad. When we get around to downsizing we will probably move further into Essex, maybe Suffolk or Norfolk.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post

Nice little 'fixer upper' here for a song. But you'd probly have to spend more than the purchase price on the renovations.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-...?premiumA=true
I do like that first one its like living pictures from the windows.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2013, 05:45 PM
For the past 30 years we have overlooked water so wherever we move in old age will be overlooking water ... preferably the sea. A little fishing harbour would be lovely just somewhere you can look out and see people coming and going. I adore the noise the sea makes (waves). It would have to be in a sensible driving distance so that my kids would still come and visit. I love the south coast.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2