View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:01 PM
You've still not answered my question? Been having a look at my previous posts have you? LOL

You both being very aggressive. As I have said, if you can come up with reasons why you like his methods based on fact and not just "because you like him" then I will be happy to take that on board. I am not trying to come across as holier than thou, believe me. I have put forward a perfectly good "debate" as to why I don't rate his methods - nor that of any showbiz type - and I dont expect to be shot down in flames because of it by two members. One on one is fine. Two against one just aint right!!!!!

I am sure there are plenty of others on the board who agree with me.

I can also get personal, believe me, I just dont think CM is worth it!!!!

And I am disappointed in experienced members of a board that advocates positive, reward based training to rate this man. He is a bully - full stop!!!

However, again I will say if you say why you rate his methods then I'll listen. You're not listening to me though!!!

Spettadog
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:09 PM
I happen to think Cm is a genius he treats dogs as dog's and I will not get into a personal argument,with you.
I also happen to know for a fact this thread will develop into a locked thread because some people, only like there own view's and not other people's. God himself could come down from heaven and tell you what he think's but there would be no scentific evidence proving or backing him up and some people would say he was lying so fight it out with those who care, I said and stand by it I AGREE with Dawn's post was unpersonal and a good post, agree if you like I'm not bothered because you seem to think no body else is right only you and I may as well ague with my self than debate with people like that.

I also happen to respect people's veiw of the fact they don't like him, but there can be no right and no wrongs in people's own discision to like or dislike some people.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by spettadog View Post
You've still not answered my question? Been having a look at my previous posts have you? LOL

You both being very aggressive. As I have said, if you can come up with reasons why you like his methods based on fact and not just "because you like him" then I will be happy to take that on board. I am not trying to come across as holier than thou, believe me. I have put forward a perfectly good "debate" as to why I don't rate his methods - nor that of any showbiz type - and I dont expect to be shot down in flames because of it by two members. One on one is fine. Two against one just aint right!!!!!

I am sure there are plenty of others on the board who agree with me.

I can also get personal, believe me, I just dont think CM is worth it!!!!

And I am disappointed in experienced members of a board that advocates positive, reward based training to rate this man. He is a bully - full stop!!!

However, again I will say if you say why you rate his methods then I'll listen. You're not listening to me though!!!

Spettadog
Now you are being silly! and AGAIN being insultive to members.

Ill tell you why I like him, I dont find him attractive, I think his beard is wonky, I think he is a bit short, but I DO think his methods work and I do like the way he thinks. I think he sees dogs as dogs and not human extentions, if you dont agree with his methods, fine, you are perfectly entitled to that, but many many people to, and they are also entitled to that!

I am not picking on anybody, you are the one that came in gung ho, when a perfectly reasonable thread was being contributed to, on a forum where ALL aspects of Dogs are discussed, not just a few that certain people want to be.
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Whether anyone is disappointed in me (as a member) and my opinion, doesn't really bother me. If someone doesn't like what I like, I have no problem with that. When, however I'm told I'm wrong because I don't do or think 'their' way - then I am wondering why that person thinks I should think like them? We are all entitled to choose our own choices, our own methods and maybe with a little 'guidance' we can see another way of doing things, but that doesn't mean we have to go that persons' way.
I don't agree with e collars, prong collars BUT CM makes sense when he is talking, he stops bad 'learned' behaviour without collars, he makes 'fluffy' owners see that their dog is a dog and not a baby substitute and that we can still love our dogs without them taking over the furniture, objects, people. You only have to see him with his pack to know they are all healthy, happy dogs with plenty of exercise and interaction with him and whether others agree with me or not, I don't really care. Its MY opinion and I'm entitled to it. Point out his 'bad' faults, whatever, I like him.
If you don't, then just say so without telling us that do that we are wrong. After all that's what this debate is about, not anyone trying to tell anyone that the other one is wrong or right.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Hi Spettadog, you will find more than a few on here who will agree with your point of view, I would say they could well be in the majority. I'm not one of them however and I am a tad tired of every Cesar Millan thread ending up as a slanging match and getting locked. This thread was started in response to the previous one being locked over 2 members with differing points of view becoming very personal in their responses. Those of us that had posted prior to yourself were trying to keep the discussion going by sticking to answering a question raised which was how would a dog turn out that had been brought up from puppyhood using Cesars methods.
You are entitled to your point of view just as I and the others who have responded are entitled to ours and I have no need to justify myself to you or anyone else.
I do however speak from experience, my own experience. Please keep it polite. Thank you.
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
I happen to think Cm is a genius he treats dogs as dog's and I will not get into a personal argument,with you.
I also happen to know for a fact this thread will develop into a locked thread because some people, only like there own view's and not other people's. God himself could come down from heaven and tell you what he think's but there would be no scentific evidence proving or backing him up and some people would say he was lying so fight it out with those who care, I said and stand by it I AGREE with Dawn's post was unpersonal and a good post, agree if you like I'm not bothered because you seem to think no body else is right only you and I may as well ague with my self than debate with people like that.
It will develop into a locked thread because you are becoming aggressive. I always think that attack is the best form of defense. I am writing no more about this subject and I do hope that the thread is locked because it seems that nobody who doesnt rate CM is entitled to their say - even although they can back up why they don't like him.

Remember, you are watching a TV programme. You are not watching the guy in action. The show will be heavily edited. You cannot possibly base your judgements on what you see as you dont know the full story.

I will just shut-up now because it seems I am not allowed not to like CM.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

24-02-2008, 04:20 PM
It will develop into a locked thread because you are becoming aggressive. I always think that attack is the best form of defense. I am writing no more about this subject and I do hope that the thread is locked because it seems that nobody who doesnt rate CM is entitled to their say - even although they can back up why they don't like him.

Remember, you are watching a TV programme. You are not watching the guy in action. The show will be heavily edited. You cannot possibly base your judgements on what you see as you dont know the full story.

Actually we were mainly talking about the book, but as said previously you are perfectly entitled to despise him, just don't tell us that we have to also.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:21 PM
Spettadog.
Please read your posts.
You are TELLING people they are wrong and you are right, thats the whole point here, differing views. I am not telling you that I find your methods of training wrong am I? Nor that you are too soft or "human" with your pets am I? You may see CM as a "bully" but thats your opinion, it is not something you can throw at people full stop and end the debate because you are right!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:22 PM

And I find the last paragraph the most senisble thing youv'e said.

I think Cms method's on the dogs i've seen him work with work, what does anyone else think?
spettadog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-02-2008, 04:35 PM
How dare you? Who do you think you are? Talk about being a bully!!!! I'm actually going to report this.

I have said that I am happy to hear other's points of views. I am not ramming my ideas down anybody's throats. I am merely pointing out what is pertinent but you all seem unable to see my point of view!!

Well, I'll just leave you to get on with your hero-worship but will be unsubscribing and report this ganging up technique. You should be ashamed of yourselves!!!!!

Spettadog
Page 4 of 102 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 54 > Last »