Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2018, 07:44 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 25th June.

What a beautiful morning, it is going to be a hot one today.
Got to strip my sheets and get them into the wash and out to dry in the lovely sunshine.

Hope everyone and their four legged friends are doing okay. Amber is finding it too hot as I suspect many of your dogs are.

Have a good day all stay cool and dry and above all safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2018, 09:01 AM
Morning Moyra and all to follow. Beautiful morning again here to Moyra.
Just had some breakfast in the garden.
Will put the room stat out in a bit and see what the temperature is outside it's reading 22.5 in the living room already.

griff hope you are feeling less stressed today.

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2018, 09:08 AM
Morning all
Lovely sunshine here
Thanks Lynn...not feeling great but I will be o.k. had awful news last night that my old drinking buddy and general grumpy git has cancer....I am just trying to find the right words before I message him...I haven't seen him since November and haven't messaged for a few months....I feel awful for not being there for him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2018, 09:39 AM
Sorry to hear that griff. I can imagine how you feel but no one was to know what would happen so please do not blame yourself for not being in touch. You to have your health issues.
Just say you are sorry to hear the news and he has a listening ear if he needs one.

Agent just rung I will be surprised if we get an offer from the guy who viewed Saturday. The people who made an offer on his house were supposed to complete on Thursday but they haven't contacted anyone. bit of an odd way to do things but maybe they have their reasons but i reckon he is out of the running.
We do however have another viewing Wednesday evening and Saturday morning.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2018, 10:30 AM
Thanks Lynn, I have just messaged him, he has prostate cancer that has gone to his bones...I am gutted! He has had chemo but they got the liquid in his skin and now he can't feel his hand....he still has his humour, said he can't go anywhere as he wants to get back some of his pension Lol
Oh dear, if it helps, my neighbour had to ring her buyers solicitor on the day to find out what was going on as she hadn't heard from the people who were buying their house...they had packed everything up and were just left hanging. Fingers crossed for the other viewings
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2018, 11:32 AM
Poor man sounds like a fighter and he still has a sense of humour like Gill had. That helps a lot.
Gill had dreadful problems with her feet and hands the chemo itself can cause problems regards hands and feet so for them to get it in his skin is not good.

Well not in a hurry re: the house so will take it as it comes. At least he decided not to make an offer till he feels confident his buyers are sorted. Or maybe he changed his mind and it's an excuse. Who knows not going to let it worry me.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2018, 12:16 PM
OOOO eeeerrrr door just knocked thought it was Beth strange man asking if this house was for sale he has seen it on the website doing similar to what we do except we do not knock if we do not see a sign. . Yes you need to contact the estate agent. I didn't see a for sale sign so wondered if it was still for sale.
How do we get in for parking ? Is there parking how long have you lived here ? Gave brief answers and said if you would like to make an appointment ring the agent.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2018, 12:39 PM
That is odd Lynn but to be honest, people don't surprise me any more...maybe he thought you would just say "come look round".
Jim has a wicked sense of humour, when I first met him I wasn't keen..he was a know all, if you had done it, he had done it better...turns out he genuinely has! We share a love of animals, cars and beer lol. I will try to get him a nice bottle of whiskey, he said he was off to get one today...I am sure it's not the best thing for him but what's he got to lose?
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-06-2018, 12:54 PM
Exactly griff if that what he fancies then good on him.

He might of been hoping I would invite him in but we have the agent working for us and I do not feel happy inviting strangers in the house different if their workmen or if we were marketing ourselves.
Maybe he was hoping to avoid agent fees who knows if he is really interested I will be getting a call from the agent booking a viewing.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-06-2018, 01:00 PM
Yeah Lynn, I wouldn't want to be letting anyone in the house... especially not on my own, if you were marketing yourself I am sure you would have someone around, I think sometimes people don't look at it from the other side if you get what I mean?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >