Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by John Dansie View Post
You've arrived back at your parents home. They were just settling down to a nice empty house where they could do as they pleased when you turned up. So they have had to readjust their lives to accommodate you. But, blimey oh riley, you come complete with 3 ruddy great dogs. How big is their house? I suggest, young lady, you get things sorted out pretty damn quick or you all could find yourselves on the pavement!
Leanne i think youve been caught out by your dad
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Sounds like you'll get moaned at regardless so I vote you set the garage up. Afterall, your parents suggested it!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by John Dansie View Post
You've arrived back at your parents home. They were just settling down to a nice empty house where they could do as they pleased when you turned up. So they have had to readjust their lives to accommodate you. But, blimey oh riley, you come complete with 3 ruddy great dogs. How big is their house? I suggest, young lady, you get things sorted out pretty damn quick or you all could find yourselves on the pavement!
Ooh Leanne you didn't think about that now did you.

Last time I checked parents were supposed to be always there for their children (the good ones anyway).. Maybe I'm wrong..
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
Are you actually my Dad using an alias?
That really made me laugh
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Crikey, your dogs don't have much hope then as, as far as I'm aware, are they not only ever allowed in the kitchen? I still do find this a bit odd, TBH. Do they ever get in to anywhere else in the house? I hope they don't end up being put in to the garage.

I feel sorry for your dogs just now, not your parents. Your dad needs a slap! I hope he is aware that him winding them up will not make for an easier life with the dogs, but more unsettling for them and for him, if that makes any sense.

Why can't your parents just try and enjoy the dogs, instead of treating like them they aren't worthy? They are only in one room of the house, afterall.

Who cares what beds they sleep in, surely the dogs can decide that between them? Why is your dad bothered about that? If he doesn't like dogs, tell him to ignore them. I often wonder why I bother with two beds, most of the time my dogs are in the one bed or on couch sleeping!

I'm lucky in that my grandparents adore my dogs as much as I do. They have the run of the house and are allowed anywhere. Heck, they've been ordered their share of Christmas dinner again this year - fillet steak! I try and put them first as much as I possibly can.

Personally, if someone EVER treated or spoke to my dogs like that, I would be furious and they would know it, regardless of who they were.

Hope things settle for you and the dogs soon, but don't back down, as I presume you are paying your fair share in dig money.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 07:00 PM
I've just rung my Mum up and asked her how she felt if I had to come back home with 3 dogs in tow.. she was like - why, whats happened, I thought you only had one dog - Benjie isn't coming with you is he?

I did tell her in the end it was a hypothetical situation and she only refuses Benjie coming regularly because his fur has broke her hoover once - and it's a pet hoover too..

Ahh that was fun winding her up never got an answer to the question though..
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Crikey, your dogs don't have much hope then as, as far as I'm aware, are they not only ever allowed in the kitchen? I still do find this a bit odd, TBH. Do they ever get in to anywhere else in the house? I hope they don't end up being put in to the garage.

I feel sorry for your dogs just now, not your parents. Your dad needs a slap! I hope he is aware that him winding them up will not make for an easier life with the dogs, but more unsettling for them and for him, if that makes any sense.

Why can't your parents just try and enjoy the dogs, instead of treating like them they aren't worthy? They are only in one room of the house, afterall.

Who cares what beds they sleep in, surely the dogs can decide that between them? Why is your dad bothered about that? If he doesn't like dogs, tell him to ignore them. I often wonder why I bother with two beds, most of the time my dogs are in the one bed or on couch sleeping!

I'm lucky in that my grandparents adore my dogs as much as I do. They have the run of the house and are allowed anywhere. Heck, they've been ordered their share of Christmas dinner again this year - fillet steak! I try and put them first as much as I possibly can.

Personally, if someone EVER treated or spoke to my dogs like that, I would be furious and they would know it, regardless of who they were.

Hope things settle for you and the dogs soon, but don't back down, as I presume you are paying your fair share in dig money.
I pretty much agree with all of this.

I don't see how they can complain about them being underfoot all the time when they insist they cannot go further than kitchen. Logically if they are kept in one small room, that small room is going to feel crowded when you're parents are in there with them.

I wouldn't feel comfortable shutting dogs in a garage for long periods. They wouldn't even have any natural light and would probably feel more 'isolated' than if they were left in the house.
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Rentable local kennel you could use when you're out to give the folks a break?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by Sosha View Post
Rentable local kennel you could use when you're out to give the folks a break?
Yep, definitely agree, put the folks in a kennel for a while.......

Seriously though, personally I think it's the dogs who need a break.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-12-2011, 07:28 PM
How about taking the dogs to work with you to get them out of the way during the day - and the dogs would probably enjoy it too
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >