Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2010, 05:15 PM

A good impression at last.

Well Honey has a arch enemy, and its not a dog, but a woman, and today we had the chance to make a good impression, and I'm pleased to say, she did.

You see I know this woman, and she is scared of dogs, and I wonder if anyone remembers last year, when I never knew that she was reading behind a group of trees, let the dogs off and they found her and she chucked a stone at Honey. Well her little dog, a Bichon Frise is a bit undersocailised aswell (I know as I have looked after him at the boarding kennels, he is very nervous of strangers, of both the dog and human variety) and I have told her before that Honey doesn't like strange dogs approaching her on lead, so the woman had become even more scared of Honey, incase she eats her baby.

Well today I took Honey out on her own to play with her toy (which she preferred to just run) and everything was going well, and we were walking back with Honey off lead, and I saw her, so I got Honey on lead, and put her into a sit behind the burnt out car, and waited for the lady to go past, and Honey stayed in the sit, and even let the little dog approach her happilly (I think that she has got over a lot of her FA on lead, but I do know that it would never be fully over, and to think that it is would be dangerous if one day it emerges again) and she was still sat down greeting the little dog, and I even had the first conversation with the lady without having any thing bad in it about Honey from either end, so I was quite happy, although I am going to wait to take Diesel out, as she is still up there, and not Diesel's biggest fan either, and I don't want her to think that I am doing it on purpose.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2010, 11:58 PM
oh well done honey! sounds like she is doing really well and coming a long way with her FA how did it go with diesel?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2010, 06:49 PM
Diesel didn't go to meet her, but when he went out he done the usaul stalking and chasing make believe things

Honey really has come so far though, I can't believe it, its like all of a sudden its clicked and she's become so good with other dogs, now if I could just make it so that she didn't hurt everyone within reach with her whip of a tail when ever she's happy she'd be the best dog in the world
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2010, 07:37 PM
it's wonderful when you see positive changes like that. well done honey!!

i've had dylan nearly 7 years and he is still making progress with his FA and i'm so proud of how far he has come. baby steps but steps nonetheless!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Any step is a positive step well done Dylan