View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 08:13 PM
For me the guy with the attacking dog looked like he was waiting for someone.

I think the Lab was just in the wrong place and was not the one who was supposed to be attacked.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 08:16 PM
what was the thing he put on the ground?

It looked like he was using it as some kind of training marker?

the whole thing is horrific, hows sad for that guide dog, I hope it can recover both mentaly and physicialy and continue to do its job
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
what was the thing he put on the ground?

It looked like he was using it as some kind of training marker?

the whole thing is horrific, hows sad for that guide dog, I hope it can recover both mentaly and physicialy and continue to do its job
I thought it was a can of drink..bright top because of the light reflecting
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by gsdmad View Post
I thought it was a can of drink..bright top because of the light reflecting
possibly, It just looked a bit odd.

I guess it could have been anything he was holding,

Im sure they will catch up with him though, as you can see his face quite well in the vid.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 08:50 PM
yeh i think anybody that knows him will recognise him and the dog straight away
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 09:14 PM
that has annoyed me in so many ways! why does it say 'pit bull' in the headline, and then go on to say its some kind of terrier, maybe a cross! so they dont even know what it is! but of course, it attack a dog so that makes it a pit bull! im going to complain to the sun about that!

and the owner was a b*****d! he might not have done it intentionally but he left the poor dog and owner themselves!

this had mad me so angry i wish i hadnt read it
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I cannot bring myself to watch the video. Sounds awful from what I have read. Does anyone know if the dog that was attacked is ok? and if the woman with the dog is ok? Also, are the police looking into this attack?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
The winner of Guide Dog of the year the year before last was a Guide Dog that was savaged in harness...but still managed to guide his owner home after the attack.
what an amazing dog! he must have the most tremendous dedication and love for his owner...

Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
That was so awful to watch.....i wish i hadn't but to give the bloke his due, he did try to get it off
yeah, he tried to get him off, but he went away and left them... that, to me, makes him the lowest of the low. to leave a seriously injured dog and his blind owner alone in a situation like that makes him sc*m.

Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I think what is so terrifying about a bull breed attack against any other breed attack is their tenacity and their ability to stay latched on when heavy blows and kicks are being rained down on them. A lesser dog doesnt stand a bloomin chance and that Lab was lucky to get away with it's life IMO.

There is no place in society for such dogs being bred by Joe Bloggs who have no desire to create anything other than the meanest looking dog they can. We dont want those kind of dogs on our streets being owned by morons because they are a danger.

I'm just happy the Lab survived but it's probably ruined for life now, it's owner is probably scarred too and all because some twonk didnt see fit to muzzle his dog when he knew it was aggressive.
i have to say that i totally agree with that.

Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
thats what makes me think its staged- there is too much ban the PBT stuff aboout at the moment!!
i dont think its staged, i dont think he would have tried as hard to get the dog off, if it was. i know what you mean though, its scary to think some people like to use animals as bait dogs or cats etc... something i worry about with jake.

Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
I cannot bring myself to watch the video. Sounds awful from what I have read. Does anyone know if the dog that was attacked is ok? and if the woman with the dog is ok? Also, are the police looking into this attack?
it says that the dog had to get emergency treatment for puncture wounds to the neck and the police are releasing the CCTV so that someone can hopefully identify the guy to charge him.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Skyesmum View Post
Has anyone else read the comments people have put underneath It's the usual, ban all bull breeds, devil dogs, could have been a child etc etc etc comments like that make me so sad for all the owners of bull breeds

Jann
xxxx
i just read one that says

ALL dogs should be muzzled and No dog should be tied up outside supermarkets scaring people with snarling mouths, Oh my dog is a softy!!!! Says who? A dog is a bloody wild animal. Are dog owners going to pay for anti tetanus jabs and stress counselling/ huh
the paranoia it seems is going to be for ALL dogs... and 'wild animal'?? what an idiot! thats as far as ive got though reading them lol... that one made me too angry.
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by leadstaffs View Post
For me the guy with the attacking dog looked like he was waiting for someone.

I think the Lab was just in the wrong place and was not the one who was supposed to be attacked.
Don't know if that makes me feel better or worse!

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
that has annoyed me in so many ways! why does it say 'pit bull' in the headline, and then go on to say its some kind of terrier, maybe a cross! so they dont even know what it is! but of course, it attack a dog so that makes it a pit bull! im going to complain to the sun about that!
I could not agree stronger- That one headline will do no end of damage to the PBT!!!

Makes me SO angry!!
Page 3 of 22 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »