View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 07:52 PM
its shocking to put them in a cupboard , no walks , why do people have them ,then not take care of them . im sure the new home they get, can only be better home (i really hope so )
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 10:11 AM
Hi All,

Oliver has been rehomed. Since Friday night he's been with a lady who's had SBTs all her life. I didn't realsie it was Oliver until my cousin pointed him out to me. I'm sure he'll be pampered and I know he's getting exercise because I've seen the lady walking him when I've been out with Zane over the weekend.
(Elie is confined to the house and garden as she's in season).

Since Oliver went, Lady has been allowed back into the house as a family pet. She still needs rehoming though as when my cousin's new baby arrives, I'm sure she'll be pushed to one side again.

But still, a couple of months is long enough for her to be tauight some good manners again and to find somwhere for her to go, so I'm sure things will work out for her.

Laura xx
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2009, 11:24 AM
That's sounding really positive Laura xxx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 09:59 AM
Hi All,

Think I spoke too soon....

OLiver has bounced and is back with my cousins. Fortunately he's well behaved (as any former show dog would be) so I don't understand why he's back to be honest.

My cousin's now have their new baby and so both both are again either in the cupboard or in the garden without shelter.

If anyone at all can help these 2, please contact me asap. The dogs are used to their lifestyle now but they still deserve better.

I can't have them here because Lady doesn't get on with ANY other dog (other than Oliver) and I'm already overrun with animals at the moment (cos I can't say no!).

Laura xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally Posted by Stumpywop View Post
Hi All,

Think I spoke too soon....

OLiver has bounced and is back with my cousins. Fortunately he's well behaved (as any former show dog would be) so I don't understand why he's back to be honest.

My cousin's now have their new baby and so both both are again either in the cupboard or in the garden without shelter.

If anyone at all can help these 2, please contact me asap. The dogs are used to their lifestyle now but they still deserve better.

I can't have them here because Lady doesn't get on with ANY other dog (other than Oliver) and I'm already overrun with animals at the moment (cos I can't say no!).

Laura xx

SORRY - I may have missed it - but has SBt rescue not been able to help, if they are able to rehome direct from home.. Have they been contacted regarding them?
xenaskye
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
my heart goes out to these poor dogs, im looking for a resue dog myself but unfortunatly not a staffie ive got 3 dogues, i hope they get the home they deserve very soon
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 01:00 AM
I only found out Ollie was back yesterday and when I contacted SBT rescue back in January (I think if my timing's right) they couldn't take any more dogs.

Lady was being treated quite well since Ollie left but now he's back, they're both in the same predicament they were in beofre.

I'll try the rescues again though.

Laura xx
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Have you tried Dogs Trust? If it were my family I would probably report them for not looking after the dogs well, family or not.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2009, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by Heidi1 View Post
Have you tried Dogs Trust? If it were my family I would probably report them for not looking after the dogs well, family or not.
Personally i would also do the same, however the fact that they are being fed and have shelter will probably result in little happening, however Laura I would definetly try SBt rescue again, if they are even put on the list to be rehomed then someone should come out assess them and then at least they may stay in the home til a place/foster or decent forever home is found, but at least they would be on the list. However as their owners your cousins would have to be the one to do it as they need to sign them over etc. Are they willing to do this ?
What a horrendous situation for you to be in, and sorry but i hate people like your cousins...they dont deserve the love of a dog..
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2009, 09:54 PM
Hi,

I hate my cousins too. Their excuse is that they can't have dogs with the kids about. funny how their oldest is 13 & they had both Ollie and Lady in betwene having their first and second Sons.

I'll keep onto the rescues but doing a certainamount of work myself for a lcoal rescue, I know how difficult it can be to find spaces for dogs. I'll have tho think of something though - these dogs deserve better.

Laura xx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >