View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

29-01-2005, 04:59 PM

Irish Staffordshire Bull Terrier

First off, I will start by saying I am new here to hello to everyone on the forums!

Now to get down to me being annoying and asking lots of questions I am interested in getting a staffy, and after alot of research, found I prefer the look of the leggier Irish bred dogs. Now I know that a staffy is a staffy and they come in all different shapes and sizes, but are their contrasts between the temperement of the Irish Staffs and the KC dogs? Because after reading on some forums, they say a lot of the show dogs are unhealthy fat lumps with no heart and who can barely walk 100 yards, and this is something I definately do NOT want.
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:00 PM
Because after reading on some forums, they say a lot of the show dogs are unhealthy fat lumps with no heart and who can barely walk 100 yards, and this is something I definately do NOT want.
pure crap- there are unfit dogs in every breed

i have staffys and mine can run for miles
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

29-01-2005, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by Lel
Because after reading on some forums, they say a lot of the show dogs are unhealthy fat lumps with no heart and who can barely walk 100 yards, and this is something I definately do NOT want.
pure c**p- there are unfit dogs in every breed

i have staffys and mine can run for miles
Thank god thats cleared up then, because I thought it might be a complete nightmare finding a good gutsy dog.

Do you know much about the Irish Staffs?
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:04 PM
Absolutely Lel....its complete tosh!
I would suggest you do some serious research to see which type you prefer..everyone has their own preferences and everyone will say their 'type' is best,healthiest and fittest but then thats human nature.
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:04 PM
i too have KC staffs and they are super fit and are not fat !! sure if you prefer the leggy type then go for that, but please dont assume that the breed standard staffs are not as good or as fit because they are !!
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:05 PM
finding a good gutsy dog.
whats your version of gutsy??????
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

29-01-2005, 05:07 PM
[/quote]whats your version of gutsy??????[/quote]

A playful dog that loves exercise and has a fesity nature, not a lazy dog. (gutsy was probably the wrong way to put it)
Emma-836592
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:09 PM
ok so what do you mean by 'feisty' the rest of your description describes a staff (KC or otherwise) to a tee !
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-01-2005, 05:09 PM
well that could apply to both KC and irish- it depends on what you are after? Do you want to show?
tombotha
Dogsey Junior

29-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Emma
ok so what do you mean by 'feisty' the rest of your description describes a staff (KC or otherwise) to a tee !
Well thats basically what I meant by feisty, being very playful and fun loving etc.

And no I am not intersted in showing, but probably weight pulling competitions.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »