Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by jantet View Post
I've given up weighing myself - perhaps mine are faulty, but they seem to fluctuate a lot - I can be really chuffed one day but then disappointed the next day.

No, I have decided that my jeans are the best test of whether I've lost weight. When I can fit into the ones I want, then I'll know I've lost weight!
Won't have scales here. As you say they can depress you!

Here's how I know - when I've put on weight my clothes are tight and I can't wait to get them off when I get home (specially the bra!)

When my weight is about right I don't really think about my clothes.

When I'm thinner than my normal weight - I can get my trousers down without undoing the button!
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 10:26 AM
I find being menopausal my weight does fluctuate but I still find weighing the best way to keep a tally of what is going on. I know one week out of 4 will not be so good due to water retention but key is to know that and not lose heart.
I have because of my size always worn loose baggy styles so waiting to see a difference I could wait for ever LOL
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
I am moving around more as I said but initially I started my diet with little I could do at all, I have MS so have to take the good days with the bad and walk when I can. But point is it is possible to lose even with little or no exercise.
Hi I have MS too but my mobility is impaired and vision,How long have youhad MS mine is galloping at the moment.crystalgirl
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 11:17 AM
About 10 years, mine comes and goes, was far worse about 3 years ago when I was in a wheel chair for months and had to have help dressing etc. Now I am much better but just waiting for it to happen again, that's the problems with this when you feel well you just start waiting for it to come back !
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 02:27 PM
About 10 years, mine comes and goes, was far worse about 3 years ago when I was in a wheel chair for months and had to have help dressing etc. Now I am much better but just waiting for it to happen again, that's the problems with this when you feel well you just start waiting for it to come back !
Hi I know mine was originally as brain damaged,because the lesion covers the areas in the brain that could be parkinson,motor neurone or MS,but just putting down Brain Damaged on forms caused me a lot of problems,so my GP and people from the hospital had a discussion and I officialy am now suffering from a chronic condition called MS,but I get a variety of symptoms,but hope you didnt mind me asking,its such a hard condition to explain not alone live with,keep me posted crystalgirl
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 02:28 PM
No problem at all if you need a chat just yell I am happy to talk.
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 02:50 PM
No problem at all if you need a chat just yell I am happy to talk.
Hi Thankyou, and I hope you do the same. crystalgirl
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Monday morning weigh in 1.2lb loss
Well done Julie.
Florence
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Originally Posted by crystalgirl View Post
Hi Would love to,but have an underactive thryoid,and my weight goes up and down,
Hi,
how did you know you had an underactive thyroid? I'm supposed to go to see a doctor to do blood tests because of my sometimes heavy heart palpitations.
When they said they'd test for underactive thyroid I google'd it and found that I have had several of the symptoms all my life (low heart rate, inexplained tiredness, muscle cramps, pain in bones and joints, low body temperature). And my weight goes up and down, I go through phases of cravings and loss of appetite which influence it.
I'm also frequently anemic (like my mum), which I put down to being a vegetarian and sometimes not being so good with my balanced diet.
I know I need an appointment with my GP anyway but won't be able to for a couple of weeks due to moving etc. so I'm just wondering as I've never spoken to anyone with hypothyroidism..?
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Originally Posted by Florence View Post
Hi,
how did you know you had an underactive thyroid? I'm supposed to go to see a doctor to do blood tests because of my sometimes heavy heart palpitations.
When they said they'd test for underactive thyroid I google'd it and found that I have had several of the symptoms all my life (low heart rate, inexplained tiredness, muscle cramps, pain in bones and joints, low body temperature). And my weight goes up and down, I go through phases of cravings and loss of appetite which influence it.
I'm also frequently anemic (like my mum), which I put down to being a vegetarian and sometimes not being so good with my balanced diet.
I know I need an appointment with my GP anyway but won't be able to for a couple of weeks due to moving etc. so I'm just wondering as I've never spoken to anyone with hypothyroidism..?
Hi one of the worst things is if you get cold your fingers go blue as does your toes,And with myother problems,my mobility really goes down,Ihave blood tests every 3 mths,and suffer from Anemia,also have very low iron stores,at one time when they went down to nil,they thought I was pregnant,but it does take a while to get the dosage right,I am on 125g of Lev but I will always be on the low side but acceptable.(sorry cant spell I will later on give you the proper name and dosage strength) but these blood checks, started because I have very low blood pressure,and once I passed out,got taken to hospital,cld hear them talking, her BP is right down to her boots,but now they take it its just me,as long as it hovers around the same Im ok crystalgirl
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »