Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 11:18 PM

2 Staffies desperately need a new home

Hi,

My cousins have 2 staffies who desperately need a new loving forever home.

Oliver is blakc, entire male, 9 years old
Lady is red, spayed female, 7 years old

Both dogs are kept in a cupboard if they are in the house and outside at all other times with no shelter. I can't have them here because although Oliver (used to be a showdog so behaves himself) gets on with other dogs, Lady will try to kill them. They're fine together and it would be a shame to separate them when they've grown up together, but Lady either has to stay with Oliver or be an only dog.

My cousins admit they can't be bothered with the dogs. They are NEVER exercised, even a 10 minute walk a day is better than nothing but they don't even get that. I saw my Cousins a couple of days ago and was told that I could have them both for 50p , otherwise they're out.

I know they won't be thrown out on the street, but they're expecting a new (3rd) baby in March and want the dogs gone by then. I don't trust them not to do something bad to the dogs - not deliberately to hurt them, but just to get rid of them.

Both the dogs are absolutely fantastic with people and love kids, although Lady will knock small children over to get to something (she's more like a buffalo than a dog in that respect!).

Can anyone please help? I'd rather they didn't go into rescue but I'm running out of ideas for the dogs and my cousins will just let time run out for them I think.

I will try to post some pictures of them but my camera isn't working at the moment (again) so it may take some time.

Laura xx
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2009, 11:43 PM
what a horrid situation to be in, I would hope that someone could help you, i cant as my staffie doesnt like others, however perhaps you could get your local breed rescue involved as they will be able to help, even if it means they are rehomed directly from your cousins house, as i expect that would be better than putting them in kennels..

hopefully northern stafford rescue should be able to help or give you some advice
bob@sbtrescue.org.uk
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 08:46 AM
Unbelievable!

Hope you can help them get rehomed, hon x
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Poor dogs, hope you are able to help them asap so that they can live in the way that they deserve Keep us posted......
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 04:02 PM
You could try Dog's Trust or the RSPCA.

If a member of my family was treating a dog like that I'd shop them straightaway - but that's just me.

Hope you get homes for them soon.

xxx
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2009, 11:26 PM
Hi,

I've thought of reporting them for the poor treatment of the dogs but I don't want the dogs to end up in a worse situation or in kennels. The fact that they're related to me doesn't make any difference to me, I'm trying to think of how the dogs will be treated, particularly as they're SBT's and there are so many at the moment in rescue.

Although I know the Dogs' Trust and RSPCA will look after them properly. It's difficult when you're right in the middle of something to now what to do for the best.

This all started a while back (before the law changed on care and welfare of dogs) when my cousin qualified as a child monder. The dogs were outside whilst she had children at the house and when her own kids were in the house inthe evening the dogs were moved to the cupboard for the rest of the night, until being chucked out in the morning. I dind't realise this was going on until just now, otherwise I'd have had both of them here with me as I did't have any dogs at the time.

It's hard to know what to do for the best, but my main concern is the dogs, not my cousins.

I'll keep posting with progress.

Laura xx
Lene
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 05:56 AM
Geeze... you've have thought they would be attached to dog, they've had for so many years...

Hope they find good homes...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Not a ideal situation for them...poor babies.

I hope you get them somewhere and soon xxxxxxxxx
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Poor dogs, they are not having much of a life are they. I hope you can find a solution for them.
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2009, 05:40 PM
I totally understand Laura, it must be awful for you to be in that situation. I'm in a similar one, but the person isn't related to me - there's nothing I can do for the dogs and it's breaking my heart.

Hope you get somewhere for them xxx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >