View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 02:56 PM
Looks like Mart will be in safe hands Pat.Bella will be fine too..why not take the guys upstairs offer to have her at least for a few days? I'm sure they'd be delighted...wish I could take her
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Looks like Mart will be in safe hands Pat.Bella will be fine too..why not take the guys upstairs offer to have her at least for a few days? I'm sure they'd be delighted...wish I could take her
I think I will do that. Then if anything occurs that means I have to stay longer at least she won't already have been incarcerated for two weeks. I will have a bit more peace of mind about her then. Coz she's my baby as well you know!

Here's my oldest baby here in Cyprus with me waiting for a sunset
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Oh Pat I really do feel for you, there's nothing worse than being far away from your children when they need you and I'm sending big loves and hugs for you now xx
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 03:42 PM
Originally Posted by cacoll View Post
Oh Pat I really do feel for you, there's nothing worse than being far away from your children when they need you and I'm sending big loves and hugs for you now xx
thank you cacoll. Never met any of you on here but do feel that I have some 'real good pals' I can just natter on to here or think aloud to or, as in this case, pour out all my heart's worries to.

And yes, 6ft 3ins and 37 yrs old but he's still my baby. (He used to be 6ft 4ins but has lost an inch in height already with his spine degeneration).

Trying to be a bit more 'practical mum' here - if I was still in the UK I'd be down in darkest Devon or Cornwall and still about a 5hr train journey or anything up to 8 hrs by road to get to any of them and is the same for them. I do at least get to spend lovely quality 'holiday time' with them since leaving the shores as they come here every year usually twice (apart from younger son who came for 2wks for the first time this year but I go to them instead) and always still spend Xmas with them.

If ANY of them had a problem, health, emotional, any sort of problem and needed me around, I'd be there asap.

And this lad of mine's just the same. When my last dog died he was here like a shot and stayed for THREE MONTHS lol! Didn't want to leave me on my own without a dog stupid great lump.

When I was taken into hospital for emergency appendectomy a few years ago, Jen stayed until he got here to take over and I was FINE by then but they insisted.

We are a close family, and they are the most important things in my life. Although they will say I think more of the dog than I do of them! But they love her as well.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-09-2013, 04:06 PM
That is a wonderful picture Pat.
Doesn't matter how old or how big they are they are still our babies and we will always worry whether next door or 100's or 1000's of miles away.
My mum always use to say you never stop worrying about your children no matter how old they are. Its so true.
Most of us are mums so can understand your worry.

We're all here for you in spirit.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 04:12 PM
Yes Lynn I say the same as your mum but I add 'you do stop worrying about them when you are dead!'

Keep reminding myself he isn't home yet as I am 2hrs ahead here.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 05:32 PM
Pat, you poor thing, you must be worried out of your mind.
Soooo far away and so many obstacles.
We are all here for you, willing to listen to all your problems and worries.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2013, 05:41 PM
PAT,I know you're stressed out right now but it has to be said,your son is a bit of a dish....yummy And look how beautiful you are
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-09-2013, 08:06 PM
Will be thinking of you Pat for the next few weeks as you've obviously got a lot to think about and to do. Great that you have such a close familly. It'll all be fine I'm sure but as you say you'll worry anyway. Let us know when you do leave Cyprus.
Cath
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2013, 08:33 PM
You're right Pat you could be in the same country and it still take hours to get to him, I'm off to see my son at the weekend and he's four hours away.

You'll soon be with him and you'll both feel better for that, really do hope all goes well and send hugs and best wishes to you all xx
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >