View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
AuraViolet
New Member!
Female 

11-12-2015, 01:01 AM

How long should my fully potty trained dog go without being taken out?

Hello, so I got my fur baby a couple of days ago and I go back to school tomorrow. I leave in the mornings at 6:15 and will take him out to go potty before I get on the bus and I get home around 2:45. Would this be too long to keep him inside without going potty or is that a reasonable time? He's a year and a half old German Shepherd mix. Thank you in advance
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-12-2015, 09:53 AM
It's a long time tbh, a fully house trained dog in an established environment should be ok but it's not ideal and you've only had him a couple of days so don't be surprised if there are a few accidents before he adjusts to the routine.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2015, 09:53 PM
It would help if take him for a walk to empty his bladder before you go .

Do you what his potty routine was before you got him ? If he was used to being left alone that length of time , he might be ok .
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-12-2015, 11:22 PM
I 'm not sure, a year old is still pretty young. You just want to make sure as soon as you get in the door take him out. And Nature's Miracle is good for accidents. It might take awhile to get him used to the routine.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2015, 10:43 PM
It is a long time but a dog can hold it that long. They normally do when they are sleeping though. Not when they are moving about which means they could have an accident.