Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
OwnedByMidge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2013, 04:20 AM

MEET MIDGE again (pics are visible)

Midge 1st day home 6 weeks 6 pounds. She's an orphan whose mother died giving birth at a 24/7 emergency vet clinic.

Meeting Bella for the 1st time @ 10 weeks.

Almost immediately started dragging home branches longer then she was.

She was so proud after she tore apart her 1st toy & captured the squeak inside.

She drags her toys over to where the AC is blowing and takes her naps there.

Her legs were so long I decided to have a 48" crate waiting for her at home the day she was spayed.

Watching Pitbulls & Parolees in her recliner. I conceded defeat to her & Bella then bought myself a new recliner.

Midge @ 7 months 52 pounds and still growing, wearing a heart between her eyes.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 07:54 AM
What a wonderful record of her life so far She is adorable and what a pretty girl she Great photos and what a clever girl to go and lie by the AC vent
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2013, 08:14 AM
Midge is beautiful - I love her colouring and markings!

The pictures of her meeting Bella are so cute!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 08:35 AM
Absolutely DELIGHTFUL pics! I am laughing at her lying on the aircon. What a great idea to have it come up from the floor (I'd stand over it lol) mine are all high up on the walls!

Laughing about the recliner too. I was able to sit in mine so rarely that I gave it to one of the tenants to make way for a daybed! She hogs that now instead!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

26-11-2013, 09:09 AM
Aw loved those pics - she was so fortunate to have been taken by you and given such a loving home.

Lovely photos and a great record to keep.
OwnedByMidge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2013, 06:19 PM
Because of a dog, cats & rabbits fur I swap the filter out at least every 4 weeks & check it weekly. And I've been trying to teach Midge to put away her toys because I have to watch they don't lay on one of the vents. Its the 1st time I've had central air/heat & I just love it!
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

26-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I am extremely envious of your central air/heat system but with solid stone floors on a solid concrete foundation it would not be possible. Like Tang I just have wall mounted air con units but I only have one small one in my salon and another in my bedroom. Not really much use for heat with an un-insulated ceiling/roof space but OK for air con in the summer. Just!

How does Midge get on with the cats and rabbits, and how do they get on with her?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by OwnedByMidge View Post
Because of a dog, cats & rabbits fur I swap the filter out at least every 4 weeks & check it weekly. And I've been trying to teach Midge to put away her toys because I have to watch they don't lay on one of the vents. Its the 1st time I've had central air/heat & I just love it!
Ahh animal fur! I always say it is my chosen favourite 'fashion accessory' and looks so good on black!

*also say it's why what we sit on is called FURniture lol!
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

26-11-2013, 10:15 PM
Wow! what a cutie and the difference from 6 to 10 weeks is astounding!
Love her on the AC, clever cookie!
OwnedByMidge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-11-2013, 10:55 PM
Bella & Jynx

Midge & Jynx

LOLLOL FURniture is right!! I am always saying that I live in a world of fur. Midge really doesn't shed that much even with all that fur. Cat & rabbits do though. Everybody gets brushed which helps some.

Me, any gift that I wrap has at least one piece of fur stuck on it somewhere. Same with envelopes. Nobody bothers commenting on it anymore they've gotten so accustomed to it.

Midge has not been in the rabbits room nor will she be. Long before her I replaced the door with one made of lattice so the room wasn't like an isolation chamber. I have an iron mesh grille screwed into the doorway so she can't chew her way in. She knows something moves around in there but pays little attention unless I go in. She knows when I do its carrot time. I hold a small carrot, Midge lays down when she sees it then gets to eat the carrot.

Cats was a slip up. I lost one to cancer in Feb. But Jynx holds her own with Midge. Midge plays too rough sometimes but that's the only time I intervene and even then just long enough for Jynx to decide if she wants fight or flight.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >