Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-12-2015, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
With all due respect, if Trump were merely outspoken, there would not be world wide outcry over him possibly becoming President. There would not be over half a million signatures trying to BAN HIM from a country due to hate speech. Also, not ANYBODY can run. You must be over 35, a born United States citizen, and have spent at least 14 years as a United States resident. Those are the only REQUIREMENTS.

With that being said, I don't believe people who blatantly and unapologetically make racist and prejudiced statements against multiple different groups should be allowed to become President of the United States. That is just my opinion. Many people are fine with a guy who makes idiotic and racist statements becoming president, which is terrifying TBH, but I don't think its right at all. I normally (not always) stand behind Republicans over Democrats, but if it boils to Trump vs. Hillary there's no way I stand behind him.

Tvictoria believes that Hillary Clinton's "crimes" disqualify her. I don't see any criminal background on Hillary, though perhaps I missed it, and being a law abiding citizen IS NOT one of the constitutional requirements anyway so she simply does not LIKE Hillary, same as how I don't like Trump. She merely failed to put it out there as such, and instead got offended that Trump was being blasted.

This is an opinion, but I have a feeling she'd not have been so upset had Hillary been the one getting blasted. She also said she doesn't know who to support, meaning she's at least considered supporting this racist moron, which says a lot within itself. BTW many peoples political beliefs are private because of the controversial nature of politics, so for all we know, she could have been a Trump supporter, but due to this thread, of course would not say so. I suspect that might have been the case since she left a dog site over a political issue.
Very good post except...Quote.

"don't believe people who blatantly and unapologetically make racist and prejudiced statements against multiple different groups should be allowed to become President of the United States"

That in a free country should be down to the voters.

I don't think that the American people will elect Trump even if the GOP adopted as a candidate to stand for the POTUS.
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2015, 02:54 PM
I agree galty. I HOPE that he's not elected. I don't understand where the support is coming from. Are there really that many people who seemingly condone racism and prejudice? There are larger problems at hand based only on the fact that he has so much support. I realize people are tired of Democrats but really?
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

21-12-2015, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
I agree galty. I HOPE that he's not elected. I don't understand where the support is coming from. Are there really that many people who seemingly condone racism and prejudice? There are larger problems at hand based only on the fact that he has so much support. I realize people are tired of Democrats but really?
Think his support comes from decent people who are tired of the politicians speaking down to us with their politic talk.

He says it as he sees it but think in the long run his support will falter.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

01-02-2016, 06:13 PM
Iowa caucus today wonder how TRUMP will do
Dorrit
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-02-2016, 06:13 AM
Quite often in opinion polls right wing bullies get support. Its a way of people expressing their concern and regestering a protest.

Luckily most have more sense than to actually vote for a racist bunch of lunatics who are no better than those they seek to ban.

Let Trump speak. He will be his own downfall.
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-02-2016, 06:56 AM
Trump beaten.

Second to Cruz
galty
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-02-2016, 08:48 PM
Trump wins Nevada.

He Will be the GOP candidate.

If he wins the POTUS God Help us.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2016, 12:33 AM
Well - whatever the views of people this side of the herring pond - looks like the great American Public have taken Mr Trump to their hearts. Seems he is an absolute shoe-in for the Republican Candidacy. They will then it seems have a choice between the redoubtable Trump and the seemingly crazy Hilary Clinton for the Democrats. To coin a particular americanism it looks like they will be "between the rock and the hard place!"
God help America!
Just to think in a couple of years time it could be Trump over there and Corbyn over here.
Wonder if they can find room for me and four dogs on that spaceship to Mars.
VanillaPaws
New Member!
Female 

05-03-2016, 02:36 AM
I don't really exactly am "interested" in the presidents of the United States, but I do need to know what's going on... I must say, I would rather have Donald Trump win than Hilary Clinton... I think he's first anyway...? One question: Is this just a rumor, or did Hilary Clinton say that she'll tell us the truth about aliens if she's elected? Is that just so people elect her...?
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-03-2016, 11:37 PM
OMG! Hilary Clinton roping in the aliens to help her - whatever next?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >