Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Mokeykit1
New Member!
Female 

12-12-2017, 03:27 PM

Unknown dog breed

I need help identifying what kind of dog this is, we found her on a highway trying to cross to the middle where there are cement blocks. However with a search for the owner failed we have decided to keep her.
Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171212-091654.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	5822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20171212-091712.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	5823  
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2017, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mokeykit1 View Post
I need help identifying what kind of dog this is, we found her on a highway trying to cross to the middle where there are cement blocks. However with a search for the owner failed we have decided to keep her.
Do you need to know?
Accept that you saved her from being involved in an accident and given her a home. Probably someone is grieving their loss - I would be heartbroken - and do the best you can for her. Food and water, the jabs, and plenty of stimulating walks.
Mokeykit1
New Member!
Female 

12-12-2017, 10:50 PM
no, we dont need to know, we were just wondering because she was pregnant and had ten puppies, we found a rescue organitazion that will take them when there 8 weeks old and have been spayed and nueterd its a no kill shelter. She also really likes playing with her stuffed animals and running around the naborhood in the morning with me.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

12-12-2017, 11:20 PM
Originally Posted by Mokeykit1 View Post
no, we dont need to know, we were just wondering because she was pregnant and had ten puppies, we found a rescue organitazion that will take them when there 8 weeks old and have been spayed and nueterd its a no kill shelter. She also really likes playing with her stuffed animals and running around the naborhood in the morning with me.
Maybe the pregnancy was why she was made a stray. People can be callous.

Whatever, you have a new companion and have found a home for her litter.
Kudos to you!!
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-12-2017, 11:47 PM
Looks like your average Pit Bull to me? Unless I'm not seeing something the OP sees.
Wowlovely88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2017, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
Do you need to know?
Accept that you saved her from being involved in an accident and given her a home. Probably someone is grieving their loss - I would be heartbroken - and do the best you can for her. Food and water, the jabs, and plenty of stimulating walks.
Why does it matter? Being curious about a isn't a negative thing at all. It's not a mind changing thing. Some people like to know and others find it fun to guess.

Personally I know the heritage of 4 out of my 5 mutts. And I see breed personality traits in each mix. It is also helpful for health reasons.

My guess would be pit or random bully mix .
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Wowlovely88 View Post
Why does it matter? Being curious about a isn't a negative thing at all.
Nor did I suggest or hint that it was a negative thing. I suppose that's one of the points about forums being text - people can read into your posts what they think you meant rather that what you actually meant. Water under the bridge.

I'd be more curious about where/who the dog came from and why?
Was it abandoned?
Did it escape?
Was it kicked out because of the pregnancy and the owner didn't want the pups?

I know the OP said he had tried to find out and failed but somebody must know they "lost" their dog. If by intention or neglect, they should have to face the consequences Even if only to discourage others from the same thing.

I'm not suggesting for a moment that the OP should be deprived of his new found buddy and at the risk of repeating myself what he did was the right thing. Kind and compassionate. He is to be congratulated.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2017, 05:26 PM
I wouldn't want to find this dogs previous owner considering the circumstances. It's possible she escaped while in season and became pregnant. Seems rather irresponsible. Maybe they looked for her, maybe they didn't.
It's next to impossible to a find a dogs owner without chip or tag, ect. I don't see what purpose or benefit it would serve at this point.

Seems the OP and rescue have already dealt with the consequences.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Bulldogs4Life View Post
I wouldn't want to find this dogs previous owner considering the circumstances.
It could prevent him from ever owning another dog and the same thing happening again.
Bulldogs4Life
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2017, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by Besoeker View Post
It could prevent him from ever owning another dog and the same thing happening again.
How so? If they would have found the dog's owner then they would have then given them the dog back and the dog very well might have become pregnant again and again. I have seen unfortunately numerous times people with intact females that have litter almost every season. The person refuses to spay or be responsible at all. Any dog escaping from this situation is better off away from it. Finding the owner doesn't prevent them from owning a different dog BUT not finding owner keeps them from claiming ownership of current dog.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >