Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-02-2016, 09:45 AM

What pressure washer companies don't say

I have been digging a little deeper into claims for pressure washer PSI. Did you know, because I didn't, that the quoted pressure is pump pressure and not flow pressure.

If the pressure is claimed to be say for example 145psi on the Karcher K7 the actual flow pressure is more than likely to be around 120psi. Something manufactures do not tell you.

I did find one site that admitted the difference at least on a petrol pressure washer

link
https://barrowsandtrailers.co.uk/gb/...FYidGwodpGQBBQ

Bit of a difference between 3000psi and flow rate of 2700psi but as i said at least they have published it

The karcher K2 series flow rate is about 80 psi not the pump pressure of 110 psi

So why do they not quote flow rate pressure? I think this could depend strangely enough on the water input pressure- size and hose output length etc etc. Therefore not easy to give that quote, the only thing that is constant is pump pressure which is what they quote

I feel they should quote both pump pressure and an approx of flow pressure so buyers know what they are to expect.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
the only thing that is constant is pump pressure which is what they quote
Barry, you may understand the difference between pump pressure and flow pressure but I'm willing to bet 80% or more of the Karcher customers do not.

Therefore it's like a gift from heaven for the manufacturer, just quote a constant and people will go for the highest number.

In a sense that is fair enough because if the customer doesn't mess around with extra long hoses and even try changing the hose size, then they can make an informed decision based on the pump pressure.

Domestic customers only want to clean their car or patio anyway. As I say as long as it does that then 80% or more will be happy.