Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2013, 09:04 AM

Could she be pregnant?

It occurred to me last night....

Molly is 14 months old, no-one seems to know if she has had a season yet, as you can see from the photo thread she is very thin but her nipples seem to be quite pronounced, I wonder if the people who had her took her back because she got out while in season and they don't want the consequences?

If she is in pup how soon would we know? I am also concerned as she is such a young girlie....

Any ideas?

ps We are taking her to the vet tonight for a general check up
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Only time will tell of she is or not, and to be honest her nipples look fine to me ,
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Cheers Jackie,

Not really had much to do with boxers so don't know if that's normal All my other smooth coated dogs have been very flat chested

So glad I still have my old Salukis winter coat I think poor Molly will need it in this cold
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2013, 09:32 AM
If she is in the early stages of pregnancy it is going to be hard to tell. My friend took her pregnant GSD to the vets about another matter once, he said she was in excellent condition, but if she thought she was pregnant, he was sorry he was going to have to disappoint her.......4 weeks and 7 puppies later.......
She is so very very thin that it could be that is the reason they look so prominent. Maybe she could be spayed within the next couple of weeks so as to ensure that there are no unwanted results from the obvious neglect she has suffered.
I know Dogs Trust will help out with vouchers in cases like this.
Mabs isn't as thin as that feeding 8 puppies!!!! although I am feeding 5 times a day. its like filling a leaky bucket
Have you wormed Molly by the way as she may pick up quicker if she has a really good course of wormer
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2013, 09:37 AM
We wormed and gave her a flea treatment as soon as she came to us, she is eating like a horse and I am wary of giving her too much too soon, don't want to give the poor girl a bad tummy on top of everything else, we are also feeding her little and often so she doesn't stuff it all down at once

How soon can you tell if they are or is it different with all of them?
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2013, 09:43 AM
That's why I have them scanned at 5 weeks because it is always 'is she, isn't she' and they all have their own little things they do that give me a clue, then I think maybe not.
By the time they can be seen on a scanner though she will be 5 weeks on, you will possibly see a baby bump, but with her being so skinny you may put it down to her putting weight on and ignore it. I took piccies of Mabs every week and it was only week 6 that I could say there was definitely a baby bump - but maybe not!!!! With the scan in my hand I knew for definite. I would really see if there is anyone out there who can help with the cost of a spay, is your vet the sort who could help out on this when he hears the story, definitely Dogs Trust help on this so worth giving them a ring and explaining the circumstances. You have more than likely saved this poor girls life these people need reporting in my view.
Imana-Banana
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-11-2013, 09:54 AM
It really is a tough one isn't it

Will have a good old chat with the vet tonight as see what they suggest.

Of course I could be reading more into it than there is .....
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-11-2013, 09:58 AM
I know its a tough one. Thing is you don't want to have to make The Decision when you are seeing movement and they are real beings, its hard enough as it is knowing she MAY be pregnant.
She is going to be a lovely girl when she gets the chance I think. I heard of a rottie x Dogue de Bordeaux litter the other day and I thought what on earth is going to happen to those puppies, what types are going to take one of those on.
Another possible tragedy a couple of years down the line
Totally heartbreaking when people like you have to pick up the pieces and these poor dogs are the long term victims