View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 07:15 AM
I enjoy travelling with my dog and have considered taking him abroad but I actually prefer having my holidays in the UK so haven't gone down that route yet (although have friends who have). Let us know how Max gets on if you do decide to take the trip to Amsterdam.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-09-2018, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
I enjoy travelling with my dog and have considered taking him abroad but I actually prefer having my holidays in the UK so haven't gone down that route yet (although have friends who have). Let us know how Max gets on if you do decide to take the trip to Amsterdam.
Thank you!
That's on the back burner for now. We are moving house so, until that is settled, we won't be going there.

That said, we did do a 600 mile round trip last week looking at new properties. Max went along of course.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Where are you thinking of moving to Besoeker? Exciting I think to move house. Would love to but hubby not keen.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-09-2018, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by brenda1 View Post
Where are you thinking of moving to Besoeker? Exciting I think to move house. Would love to but hubby not keen.
South Yorkshire. Hence the long trip to look at seven properties in two days.

It's to be nearer to the grand children. And you get more bang for your buck there.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Ah I have friends up there near Doncaster. Used to go to obedience dog shows with her before she moved. Happy hunting for your new home. Hope it is more stress free than poor Lynn's.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-09-2018, 07:57 PM
Being a Yorkshire lass myself, I can vouch for most of it being a lovely place to live. Whereabouts are you looking?
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

07-09-2018, 05:16 PM
Don't forget you may I believe have to obtain a vet certificate when leaving the country as well, within 24 hours of date of departure.
Remember you may not be allowed to take your dog into say cafe's- places of interest- hotels and the like. this, let alone feeding him abroad ,it may well constrict you as to where you go.
We use a good local kennels and avoid all this hassle.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

11-09-2018, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Don't forget you may I believe have to obtain a vet certificate when leaving the country as well, within 24 hours of date of departure.
Remember you may not be allowed to take your dog into say cafe's- places of interest- hotels and the like. this, let alone feeding him abroad ,it may well constrict you as to where you go.
We use a good local kennels and avoid all this hassle.
Wrong thread?
Yorkshire isn't abroad.........
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2