Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-07-2018, 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
No darling, cos you're not ... you are Trouble, not Strange! Poorly worded post ... I meant UK, although it is perfectly possible now to take dogs to the continent - a lot of hassle, but possible. We were planning to take Ben to Portugal in Betty, our caravan. Apols if I have offended you!!
No of course you haven't offended me, also it's soooo much easier to travel with one or two dogs than it is with my rabble. That's just a choice you have to make when you decide to have multiple dogs. I wouldn't want to rent a holiday property to someone with 7 dogs even though I know how well behaved my lot are. Yes they may have the same standards although frequently they don't.
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-07-2018, 02:15 PM
Ours goes with us everywhere - well nearly everywhere. Even goes to the barber with me.

A couple of years we went to Scotland. We stopped overnight on the way there and back. Over 1100 miles and ten nights away. His behaviour was beyond reproach. A light tap at the hotel bedroom door when he needed to go out. He was perfectly happy to go in the lift - that did surprise us since he'd never even seen one.

A joy.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2018, 03:40 PM
Yeah, Hal was like that ... Ben loved lifts!! Trouble, glad we are still friends!! My plan when we retire next year to the coast is to buy somewhere with an annexe which I plan to let out for holiday letting .. no limitation on numbers of dogs, no rules, dogs can go where they like as long as there is no damage. I shall take a large deposit and photographs before each let. Most people will be respectful ... the old knob who isnt will lose their deposit depending on the damage. I wont be unreasonable ... a hole dug in the lawn, the odd accident I would turn a blind to. I would have good quality cleaning equipment in the property and no carpets and would expect each let to leave the place as they found it. I think I should do well ... would welcome your 7 with open arms!! xx Gnasher
LMost
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-07-2018, 05:23 AM
Mouse goes everywhere with me include vacation and holidays.

Lil Bit needs some more training on manners, before he can go.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2018, 05:24 PM
It's good to see all the replies. It seems quiet on here now.

I found the coast along Lymington to Mudeford dog friendly , you can take the dogs on the beach at anytime.
Next year we're thinking of going to near Cromer in Norfolk .
Dinky Dillon
New Member!
Female 

19-07-2018, 05:51 AM
Due to ill health we haven't had a holiday since we have had Dillon, but when we had Amber we holidayed in the South of France and she came with us, sometimes twice a year, we went on the Shuttle a 35 minute crossing.
Dibbythedog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Originally Posted by Dinky Dillon View Post
Due to ill health we haven't had a holiday since we have had Dillon, but when we had Amber we holidayed in the South of France and she came with us, sometimes twice a year, we went on the Shuttle a 35 minute crossing.
Was it easy going through customs with a dog and the pet passport. Coming back to the UK from Europe, If I remember correctly at one time , you had to see a vet at the french port and then they treated the pets for ticks etc and checked the microchip .
Jcarpentier
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-07-2018, 04:40 PM
Yes! We go dog-friendly places. Anywhere that won't allow dogs does not want our business.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-07-2018, 06:13 AM
Quite right to. Hopefully we are now going to go again later this year for our second holiday as long as Tyto is ok. Going to Rye in East Sussex for a few days. Going by train as don't drive that far and it is better for Tyto on the train. and it will be much cooler. bg!!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2018, 07:45 AM
I always take one or two dogs away with me on holiday and haven't had a holiday abroad since owning dogs (25 + years).

I am fortunate in that I usually get a family break once a year with hubby, kids and my younger dog and we have a retired shepherdess who looks after the working collies, my older shepherd and keeps an eye on the sheep and other animals. I also go away every year for a week of walking with my eldest sister and her dog (and we leave husbands/children at home). I take my younger dog and leave my old dog in the capable hands of hubby and kids. I am hopefully adding to my dog family later this year and so will have two dogs to take again, or will leave one at home and take the other. There aren't that many holiday cottage that allow more than two dogs.

I also own my own holiday cottage in the Highlands and we are in our fourth year (I think!) of letting it out to paying guests. I allow three dogs or more if requested and the owner can assure me they will clean up after their dogs and make sure they don't do any damage.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >