Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
doggiegurl
New Member!
Female 

06-02-2017, 02:45 AM

Illegal to sell puppies of under 8 weeks old

This morning on the news there is a story about puppy farmers escaping sentencing. The HSI/Europe are talking about people who breed more than 3 litters a year will soon need a license and no puppies under 8 weeks old to be sold.
However, why aren't they doing more to educate puppy buyers to what to look out for and how to go about finding a reputable breeder?

This is from someone who isn't a breeder (nor do I ever plan on it) but I did a lot of researching when I was looking for my pup. I'd like to think I'm one of the responsible puppy buyers but I also have people thinking I'm crazy for paying over 1100 Euros for a puppy because they don't understand the costs incurred by breeding and rearing a puppy correctly!
doggiegurl
New Member!
Female 

06-02-2017, 03:15 AM
I know of people who have picked up puppies which weren't even 6 weeks old cause the "breeder" said it would be fine and would save them the petrol of coming back these were first time owners who didn't realise that this was too young!
doggiegurl
New Member!
Female 

06-02-2017, 03:16 AM
Is the three litters only if they are De Raad van Beheer op Kynologisch gebied in Nederland reg? Because a lot of BYB sell "pedigree" pups with no papers