Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Well done Ben, sounds like you had lots of fun, which is what it is all about
Agility-mongrel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Wow well done! We've been doing Agility for 2 years and haven't got a clear round yet! At least we're not being eliminated every time for just doing mad laps of the ring now! You're obviously both naturals!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Agility-mongrel View Post
Wow well done! We've been doing Agility for 2 years and haven't got a clear round yet! At least we're not being eliminated every time for just doing mad laps of the ring now! You're obviously both naturals!
I love watching the happy laps
We have a dobie in class and when he goes off on one its like watching a happy horse

Agility is far better to watch when there are mistakes! on sat I watched the 1st 3 dogs were perfect
I nearly withdrew Ben because I didnt want to make a total fool of us
But then the 4th dog stopped for a poo on course and the 5th dog ran away to play then I knew I was in the right place

Its all about the fun - I think if you and your dog have a great day then you have won
I really hate to see people yelling at their dogs when something goes wrong (espech cos 99% of the time a mistake on course is not the dogs fault)
I am a competative person but 1st I want to make sure Ben always has fun
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by boobah View Post
Gawn the Fuzzy Lugs, Whoop,whoop, Can you tell I'm Scottish,

A huge well done from me,what a super star,I'm proud of him too, xxxxxxxxx

Love it, Lorraine!

Having seen Ben in action yesterday, he done brilliantly well indeed. What a brilliant wee guy he is, such a character and so friendly! Not to mention a mooch.

Who needs these 'designer' crossbreeds when there are many dogs like Ben and Roxy out there!! Him and Roxy were a right pair yesterday, plenty of photo opportunities that we missed out on!

Well done Ben! Keep up the good work and i'm sure you'll go on to win many prizes!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 07:53 PM
Should have added, make sure his fuzzy lugs are covered by his insurance.
Agility-mongrel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I love watching the happy laps
We have a dobie in class and when he goes off on one its like watching a happy horse

Agility is far better to watch when there are mistakes!
I watched one poor girl on saturday set up her spaniel at the start, lovely wait, released him and he turned round and ran the opposite way. 3 times she set him up and the little did the same thing every time! It was very reminiscent of our first few shows (and probably our next few!)
Jo
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
Love it, Lorraine!

Having seen Ben in action yesterday, he done brilliantly well indeed. What a brilliant wee guy he is, such a character and so friendly! Not to mention a mooch.

Who needs these 'designer' crossbreeds when there are many dogs like Ben and Roxy out there!! Him and Roxy were a right pair yesterday, plenty of photo opportunities that we missed out on!

Well done Ben! Keep up the good work and i'm sure you'll go on to win many prizes!
Yup Ben and the foxy roxy were quite the mooching pair!!
all that intensity and focus when they hear a pocket rustle - now how can we translate that into training??
and she is such a pretty little thing - will have to get them together for a run about sometime
Too right - much better than any designer - what do you think Roxy is crossed with?? not that it matters - like tigger they are the only ones
I am surprised Ben mannaged to run at all with all the treats he sneaked when I took my eyes off of him (and he did suffer with his tum a bit on sunday - but he wont learn - and that might be all the floor he was eating too - always has to try cos you never know it might be food!! you should see him in Dalry - he is covered in sawdust cos he likes burrowing in it!!)

dunno if I can find insurance that will cover those lugs espech when the boyfriend keeps telling me I should trim them
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 07:51 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Yup Ben and the foxy roxy were quite the mooching pair!!
all that intensity and focus when they hear a pocket rustle - now how can we translate that into training??
and she is such a pretty little thing - will have to get them together for a run about sometime
Too right - much better than any designer - what do you think Roxy is crossed with?? not that it matters - like tigger they are the only ones
I am surprised Ben mannaged to run at all with all the treats he sneaked when I took my eyes off of him (and he did suffer with his tum a bit on sunday - but he wont learn - and that might be all the floor he was eating too - always has to try cos you never know it might be food!! you should see him in Dalry - he is covered in sawdust cos he likes burrowing in it!!)

dunno if I can find insurance that will cover those lugs espech when the boyfriend keeps telling me I should trim them
Hi Pam!

Sorry for not replying sooner!

Roxy and Ben were quite nice together, I thought! It was funny the way they were beside each other at times.

I'm sure we could incorporate a pocket rustle in to some sort of training - probably perfecting the art of mooching! Actually, they have that mastered already, I think! That includes Molly!

My guess for Roxy is that she definitely has Basenji in her, possibly Collie, Jack Russell and or Whippet.

She does the Collie crouch sometimes when she spots another dog, then as she gets closer she rises, wags her tail and greets the other dogs. It's quite funny to watch. She has a Jack Russell look about her face, and a similar shaped body to a Whippet. Whatever she is, she's brilliant.

I can imagine him mooching about in the sawdust, actually.

Roxy definitely agrees that she and Ben have to get together for a frolic about sometime soon. She said she looks forward to it very much!

Whatever you do with the lugs...DON'T go near them with any sort of scissors! They are unique, unusual and very much part of Ben!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Well done Ben
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2008, 01:04 AM
Only just caught up with this, and I`m afraid I`m going to put a real dampner on things

You posted that he turned one just a few days before this - he should have only just been starting training over jumps at a year old, should not know what weaves are at all except maybe just two for a head start on weave entry familiarity, and certainly should not already have been training enough to compete, its just too much too young

I know you stated it was`nt KC, [ for which minimum competing age is 18 months ], but even the alternative organisations don`t allow competing in nursery classes before 15 months or age, and no decent club allows any impact training with pups under a year old.

I find it very disturbing that there are clubs out there, [ assuming you go to a club ], where under-age dogs are being allowed to train on full equipment let alone being ok with entering a competition at a year old - I know the op won`t like this post but in the interests of safety for readers who want to try agility, this point has to be made - if approaching a club to train a pup under 12 months, if they say its ok and let jumping, weaving and normal height contacts be used by that pup, find another club instead which has dogs` long term future health in mind as the top priority.

[ I say the above as a long time experienced Agility instructor and club owner ]
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >