Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
heh heh I should have added- a BIG FAT bank balance but Id rather have a poor nice guy than a rich horrible one
Yes so would i hun , but sadly they usually run a mile in opposite direction , xdk
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by dollyknockers View Post
Yes so would i hun , but sadly they usually run a mile in opposite direction , xdk
same here
to be honest now that Im OLD ( 53), I dont consider myself to be attractive any more- never had much confidence anyway. Most men my age are chasing 30 year olds. If I met someone by chance fair do's but I don't even look these days......
Im still interested tho...................
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:39 PM
I have to say that I've realised that looks change, and how you perceive looks changes as you get to know a person.

I met D on-line through a friend. The first time I met him in the flesh, he was not what I expected, and (if I'm honest ) I would not have said he was a poster pin-up, and if I'd seen him out somewhere, I would have thought him an Average Joe.
Now, I think he's gorgeous . He's grown out his hair a little (used to cut it incredibly close because his ex liked it like that, and because he didn't like motorcycle "helmet hair"), dyed it platinum blonde and grown a goatee. He also looks younger and more full of life. The first time our mutual friend came to visit us after D moved to North Yorkshire from Essex, she commented on how he looked like a different person, and the fact that his attitude to life had changed (i.e. he was happy), he came across as being more attractive than she thought he was before.

Does any of that rambling make sense?

What I'm trying to say is that as you get to know a person, how you see them changes, and someone who you may not necessarily think is all that attractive can change. That's why I'm not particularly bothered by looks (okay, if I were dating Quasimodo, I may request that he doesn't hold my hand in public , but I'm sure he's a nice guy! ). All my ex partners (including my husband) were the guys that all the girls wanted because they were good looking, and in the end, they all treated me badly.
Sez & Amber
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:42 PM
Originally Posted by Zetacharlie View Post
heh heh I should have added- a BIG FAT bank balance but Id rather have a poor nice guy than a rich horrible one
I have a poor nice guy, and I'm not bothered by him not having a BIG bank account - but enough money to help me with the household bills would be nice!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I do like to find some one attractive Sez an Amber , but i also find the person under neath more appealing and attractive .
That was such a lovely story about yourself and D xxdk
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by Sez & Amber View Post
I
What I'm trying to say is that as you get to know a person, how you see them changes, and someone who you may not necessarily think is all that attractive can change.
or, you are with someone for 5 odd years and then they dump you as you put on weight! and no longer look like you did when u first met!

However his loss as going on his present G/F i was and am way better.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by catsta2001 View Post
or, you are with someone for 5 odd years and then they dump you as you put on weight! and no longer look like you did when u first met!

However his loss as going on his present G/F i was and am way better.
Some people are so shallow hun , that is why im am always causious , of showing my feelings for people , I once went out with a guy who was originally from jamica and moved near where i used to live , we got on very well till i was diagnosed with epilepsy (which is now well controlled ) ands because of this he decided he did not want to go out with a freak as he called it xxdk
catsta2001
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Some people are so shallow hun , that is why im am always causious , of showing my feelings for people , I once went out with a guy who was originally from jamica and moved near where i used to live , we got on very well till i was diagnosed with epilepsy (which is now well controlled ) ands because of this he decided he did not want to go out with a freak as he called it xxdk
Well as much as i dont care what he thinks that stuff sticks doesnt it, so i havent been with anyone since. But.........he was just 1 in a million people and there is bound to be someone out there eventually that i like and likes me.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:03 PM
1) For me, sense of humour is a must, and they have to 'get' me, i'm a bit dry and sarcy, some people hate that, can't think why! :smt002

2) They have to love animals, especially dogs. If they already have animals for me to be stepmum to, GREAT! Even better! None of this, 'it's just a dog' crap...Also has to like human children, I have one of them too.

3) I need someone who is a talker, I like chatting and joking and having a laugh, I don't like sitting in silence. I'm not overly gobby, but I do like to converse. I don't like the strong silent type.

4) Someone who likes walking and is not afraid to get his wellies muddy. :smt002 None of this namby pamby smart shoes for every occasion, and getting cross at dog hairs on your jacket!

5) Has to like hugs and kisses and showing affection.

6) Looks isn't such a big deal to me, I do have to find them at least tolerable to look at but I don't need an adonis with a 6 pack, although it would be nice. :smt002

What I don't like:

1) Someone just after sex...

2) A liar

3) One rule for them and another for you. (e.g. They are ok to go out with their pals but don't want me seeing mine, or they can have lots of female pals but I can't have any male ones, stuff like that).

4) Bitterness, living in the past, holding grudges and comparing me with previous relationships. Life is too short for all that. Move on and move forward.

5) the opposite to anything in my 'like' list!

Ok so I guess i'm quite demanding! :smt043

Oh oh and they should preferably be over 25. :smt001
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2007, 03:05 PM
wow thats an awful thing to do-finish with someone because of a controllable illness My last partner - finished with me 7 years ago. He was the love of my life and he told me the same. We were together for 8 years and engaged- but he couldnt commit to us living together /sharing a home so he finished it.So I too am cautious and dont think I could trust anyone again. Some male company would be nice but Ive grown to like living on my own
However you never know what's round the corner do you ?
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »