View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

27-05-2004, 03:15 PM
lol - thas funny! But I think the chippies here are just as bad re using power tools. I think it's just a 'nickname' really but not for any particular reason. Maybe they did it on purpose in the magazine article just to 'show off' to you guys over there! lol u know what these 'tradesmen' are like! lol - I put my foot in it and called a 'tradesman' a 'handyman' once just in a friendly way but god did he let me know he was a TRADESMAN lol
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2004, 03:38 PM
OMG, a handyman! LOL. That's offensive over here too. Here it's a "craftsman."

That would be funny if they did that for the magazine (put the tools away) LOL The old way is much better. You can see the differences in quality in a victorian house constructed 100 years ago, and the same exact designed victorian built brand new. I like old houses I'd like to think someone, somewhere is using the older superior methods of building... You're wrecking my image Azz, lol
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2004, 03:50 PM
Sorry, we started talking construction, lol Since my husband is in it, and my house is under constant renovation...

You do agility too? That's cool! What is flyball? When I play ball with Tigger (when he's in the mood to run that is...) he'll sometimes make me chase him for the ball. He's always trying to turn it into a tug of war. It is funny

What is the sin bin? It sounds mean. Did you mind? If I were a trainer I wouldn't do that... That can take the enthusiasm out of it for the handler.
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-05-2004, 09:40 PM
Flyball is great fun. Very fast.

http://www.flyballdogs.com/
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2004, 05:57 AM
Thanks for posting the link. I viewed some of the videos! Wow, those dogs ARE fast I didn't see a ball though. Was there a ball in the dogs mouths, but I just couldn't see it? I saw the dogs racing through something resembling a gate without the gates And in other videos I saw them jumping over. Really neat I see Border Collies excel at this
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

29-05-2004, 06:58 AM
I guess it was so fast you couldn't see what was happening

The balls are in the 'box' at the end of the run. The dogs go over the hurdles, bang on the box with their forepaws which releases a ball, the dog grabs the ball, turns, and races back over the hurdles.

Yes, BCs are the best at this. However, you will often find that a team has a smaller fast dog as well as the BCs. This is because the height of the hurdles is calculated on the height at the shoulder of the smallest dog (although there is a set minimum - a fast chihuahua would not be an advatage!). The lower the jumps are the faster the dogs can complete their runs.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2004, 04:25 AM
I couldn't see the balls on ANY of the videos that I saw. I did realize Tigger would never be fast enough or have enough endurance to ever do that. Fun to watch though
hayley knight
New Member!
Female 

07-06-2011, 01:11 PM
Hi i am Hayley i have three dogs two labs and a crossbred. i am looking for some where i can do an agility class with my dog but needs to be on a saturday just wandered if any one knew of any where.
Hayley
Myth
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
I couldn't see the balls on ANY of the videos that I saw. I did realize Tigger would never be fast enough or have enough endurance to ever do that. Fun to watch though
He might not be fast or fit enough to compete at a high level (now) but few if any dogs *start* at that level. If you can find somewhere to try it, why not? It looks like great fun for dogs and a good way to get your dog moving.
(Caveat as per other threads about not letting a dog jump too high, too young of course. Find the club with the flyball chihuahua. )

ETA: Just saw the age of the thread - did you find an agility-club in the past seven years?
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3