View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 04:19 PM
No, they close at 5.30 but I have to get there which is a mile and a half away, I wouldn't have time to get there. I WILL be ok until the morning, talking to all of you is starting to release the tension a bit. I will be ok, promise, it's just that it has all just blown up out of all proportion. I think anyway.

If she didn't want to be friends, why give me her email address, her phone number, and home address? There's something not quite right.

Ian
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:21 PM
yes ian your right that isn;t right

its very hard to work as a carer and being over involved makes the job 10 times harder
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 04:23 PM
If she wasn't happy with anything she should have said before now. She has been coming for over a year now. she even came to the hospital to see me on a few occasions.

Ian
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2007, 04:24 PM
Has she ever said she doesn't want to be friends?
It sounds to me as if she is trying to keep the peace at home, her boyfriend obviously kicked off about the two of you having contact outside of work, and she is trying to keep the peace by asking you to stop contacting her when she's not at work. He was probably in a bad mood about something else and just flew off the handle.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:25 PM
Hallo Ian,

I'm so sorry things are not looking good just now. It's great though that you feel you can talk to us lot

Writing stuff down often does get rid of tension, I do it a lot

Wys
xx
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
Has she ever said she doesn't want to be friends?
It sounds to me as if she is trying to keep the peace at home, her boyfriend obviously kicked off about the two of you having contact outside of work, and she is trying to keep the peace by asking you to stop contacting her when she's not at work. He was probably in a bad mood about something else and just flew off the handle.
No, she's never said she doesn't want to be friends. When I think back I am wondering if he is the jealous type of controlling type, because on a few occasions she hasn't wanted to do something, but she has said "oh, I'll have to go with him though" to some kind of do.

Does he think I'm somekind of threat! I'm old enough to be there father, disabled, I don't think so!

Ian
Ian
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Some people are just insecure and feel threatened by the smallest thing, don't take it personally Ian the man is being an ar$e.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Ian to a control freak everyone is a threat, including family and female friends - I know from experience.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-07-2007, 04:37 PM
Hi Ian

Have only just seen this and I am horrified that anyone could react like that over innocent conversations. I have been in a controlling relationship and it sounds to me that she is in one too, because you are not allowed to have any friends in the end, it starts off by not being able to talk to any males, and then extends to females as well. I am sure she has broken the boundaries as well by giving you her contact details, but surely you need her mobile number in case you need her for something? It has rebounded badly on you because you are feeling particularly alone at the moment, is there any club or anything you could join on line where you can talk to people? It is lovely that you can come on here and talk to everyone as well, but maybe there are people who are in a similar situation to you that can maybe offer advice etc. Hope you feel better in the morning, also ask your doctor about counselling, it really helped me after I had a bad breakdown (and it wasn't the car either!) I thought counselling would be rubbish and really disdained it, but it really helped me find my way forward and deal with the past and all my baggage (which would probably have overloaded one of those Hercules transport planes!).
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Oh Ian, I'm so sorry you're feeling so down, but none of this is your fault, it does sound to me that her boyfriend is the controlling jealous type, and she can't be happy in a relationship like that, if she gave you her email and mobile number then as far as she was concerned it was ok for you to get in touch, please see the doctor and don't feel awkward about telling him/her anything they're there to help you not judge you. ((HUGS))

Christine
Page 3 of 15 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »