Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Patches are neat - put one over each eye and you can't find your fags anywhere
STOP IT , we'll get thrown in Incas Shed - This is a serious debate and I needed help!!!!!!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:24 PM
i have added an extra chair for you ...........
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Vicki
Patches are neat - put one over each eye and you can't find your fags anywhere
:smt044 :smt044 :smt043 :smt043
What are you like?
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Ashlady
I phoned the docs on Tuesday V, but they offer no help with it at all - the silly woman said they have a leaflet but I've heard others say that their docs write a prescription for them which makes them alot more affordable (I know, I know, what price my health....... )

I would like to strike while the iron is hot so to speak, this is the first time I've ever heard Phil seriously consider stopping
The patches do make an enormous amount of difference Heather-im on them! Even after only 10 days,i no longer have a cough which is nice and my breathing is remarkably better.I used to smoke between 20-25 a day and is hard initially,but im sticking with it.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:47 PM
Well done Steve!
I guess it's hardest at certain times, like with a drink or after dinner with a coffee.
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Steve
The patches do make an enormous amount of difference Heather-im on them! Even after only 10 days,i no longer have a cough which is nice and my breathing is remarkably better.I used to smoke between 20-25 a day and is hard initially,but im sticking with it.
Thanks Steve, I'm so happy that they are helping you, I hope this is the start of life without Nico for you - I may just try and join you Talking about it now, so that's a start

(I know this sounds really silly to some, but the more I talk about something, the more bored I get with it, and the quicker I'll stop just to shut myself up - it makes sense to me anyway )
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by Daysleeper40
Of course they have a choice - people who work in pubs are not lost little puppies with no control over where they chose to work and live. Plenty of people have to move to a different area to find work - I did.

Many jobs have occupational hazards - if the hazards are too high then don't do that particular job...

Of course if there were smoking AND non smoking establishments then they could CHOSE to work in either!
Not in our Village with one pub & no transport So because you wish to smoke any non smoking barmaid/man should sell their house & move away somewhere else ?

Sorry you choose to smoke You don't have to smoke in an enclosed public place & make those around you inhale your smoke. You can smoke outside, in your car or at home. If the only work available to someone causes them to get have cancer because of passive smoking the other choice for them is to claim benefits or move away. Now which is an infringement of civil liberties ?

I'm am ex smoker(gave up over 30 years ago & I smoked 60+a day & there were no patches no helplines etc & it was cool to smoke no health warnings I gave up because I couldn't afford to smoke & feed my dog & she came first)so I do know what the addiction is like to live with. BTW I never smoked in an enclosed public place ever !
royv
Dogsey Senior
Male 

16-02-2006, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Daysleeper40
Of course they have a choice - people who work in pubs are not lost little puppies with no control over where they chose to work and live. Plenty of people have to move to a different area to find work - I did.

Many jobs have occupational hazards - if the hazards are too high then don't do that particular job...
The employer has a duty of care to their employees to minimise risks to their health and safety. This can be provided for by giving them personal protective equipment, by providing mechanical forms of protection or a mixture of both.

Why stop at 'pubs' ? Your line of thinking could extend to other premises eg shops, cinemas, aeroplanes etc - we would be back to where we were many years ago, with non-smokers being forced to inhale smoke from their co-workers.

The time for change has come, nanny state or not ....
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by royv
The employer has a duty of care to their employees to minimise risks to their health and safety. This can be provided for by giving them personal protective equipment, by providing mechanical forms of protection or a mixture of both.

Why stop at 'pubs' ? Your line of thinking could extend to other premises eg shops, cinemas, aeroplanes etc - we would be back to where we were many years ago, with non-smokers being forced to inhale smoke from their co-workers.

The time for change has come, nanny state or not ....
well said roy, i couldnt agree more, the smoking, non smoking debate could go on forever as in my eyes the non smokers have the right not to breathe in someone elses cigarette smoke, but in the eye of the smoker its their right to smoke where and when they please

and can i just say, to all of you have smoked and have now quit, are going to try and quit or are in the process of quiting

a very big well done,, you deserve it
tarasmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-02-2006, 02:05 PM
I also stopped smoking 3 weeks ago,well 90per cent.
I go to the pub every thursday lunch time,as steve said a ciggie and a drink go hand in hand.
So 2 cigs in the pub once a week,and one with my horlicks 10 mins before bed.
Not sure i really want to give up the last one,as i actually enjoy it,not smoking it because i really need to.
Page 16 of 17 « First < 6 13 14 15 16 17 >