Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by milo2012 View Post
im new to this site and was wondering what this is about as i could do with loosing some weight
Welcome to Dogsey

It's basically what it says on the tin - everyone in here wants to lose weight or eat a bit more healthily and this is just a way of keeping on track and giving each other a bit of support

ETA: Some people are dieting by themselves, some people are going to clubs etc. but everyone just picks one day a week to weigh themselves and check up on their progress.
milo2012
New Member!
Female 

17-01-2012, 12:17 AM
ok thanks dont really know where to start on this dieting businesss. any tips?
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
Just to cheer you up-you said you need to lose 9 stone overleaf but now you say 168 lb? 9 stone is 126 lb I think as there are 14lbs in a stone so you actually have a lot less pounds to lose than you think!
I really dont know how I managed to get that wrong! LOL Thanks for that

Had first weigh in last night, actually quite chuffed cause the lady weighed us on friday evening, and I was already a pound down from my meeting on friday! which considering we went out for a thai meal on staturday, i didnt think it was too bad!

ok thanks dont really know where to start on this dieting businesss. any tips?
Set yourself a goal, if you know how much you weigh now then tell yourself i want to loose --lbs by whatever date you want. Ive done a chart so I can tick off the pounds as and when I loose them!
milo2012
New Member!
Female 

17-01-2012, 10:25 AM
thanks for that. i struggle to pick the right foods and can never think of healthy meals and how much exercise to do in a day. god im rubbish at this lol
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 10:38 AM
thanks for that. i struggle to pick the right foods and can never think of healthy meals and how much exercise to do in a day. god im rubbish at this lol
Well what do you have to eat on a normal day?

And how much exercise do you do?

Im sure we can help you
milo2012
New Member!
Female 

17-01-2012, 04:44 PM
for breakfast i have 2. wheatbix with milk. for dinner i usually have a pasty or snack on whatever there is. for tea its eother a takeaway pasta or mash. i walk the dog eberyday for about 20mins a time and thats about it
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 05:13 PM
for breakfast i have 2. wheatbix with milk. for dinner i usually have a pasty or snack on whatever there is. for tea its eother a takeaway pasta or mash. i walk the dog eberyday for about 20mins a time and thats about it
The takeaway might be where you're going wrong..

Personally, I would ditch the pasty/snacks at lunch for a wrap, salad or pitta bread For my lunch I have a pitta bread with fetta cheese, pesto, humus and cucumber. It's tasty and really fills you up! Pasties are deceptively fattening and if you're just snacking on stuff you won't fill yourself up properly so you'll end up eating more to compensate for that.

As for dinner, pasta and mash are great but you need to watch your portion control as they are filled with carbohydrates which will turn into fat if you don't do enough exercise to burn them off (I didn't know this until my OH explained it to me!).

The biggest thing to keep an eye on IMO is your portion sizes and what's actually in your food because they are easy ways to put on weight without realising it
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Morning ladies been to "Fat Club" this morning and Ive lost 4lbs this week which nearly brings me back to what I was before the cruise and Christmas.

Good Luck everyone

Jeanette
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Rookgeordiegirl View Post
Morning ladies been to "Fat Club" this morning and Ive lost 4lbs this week which nearly brings me back to what I was before the cruise and Christmas.

Good Luck everyone

Jeanette

Well done!!

My weigh in is on monday, im excited!

Hows everyone doing?
peedie
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 12:37 PM
I am on week 6 of a gym plan and have improved my eating since just after Christmas. I'm not 'dieting' as such, just trying to cut out the cr*p! I haven't been weighing myself as I'm more worried about my size and shape than my 'weight' if you know what I mean? I've been really enjoying my gym visits! Three times a week
Page 5 of 14 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »