Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Just wanted to wish you a safe delivery

Mine have all been early,Luke at 39 weeks,Lizzie at 38 weeks and the consultant wanted Tom delivered at 38 weeks due to his problems,Cleft and kidneys.I was booked in to be induced,but 3 days before that I went into slow labour,he was born 2 days later at 37 weeks
Thank you xxx

37's and 39 weeks, just perfect, fully cooked but not overdone xxx
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 01:34 PM
A warning!!! My midwife told me to take some cod liver oil when my first baby was late. She said that it should get things moving. What I hadn't done was ask how much to take. Nothing happened after two teaspoonfuls so I ended up having a few large gulps ......... big mistake All it did was give me the most awful stomach ache and chronic wind Thank goodness I didn't actually go into labour then as I couldn't possibly have gone into hospital with the wind that I was expelling!!!!

Good luck and I hope you go into labour very very soon!!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 01:55 PM
My eldest daughter was a day early, my youngest a day early and my son was 9 days late, which meant I had to cook the christmas turkey for 9 people with not much help from the rest of hubby's family (now ex hubby). Having said that like SBear it was like shucking peas when I did get going. Two hours for all of them - the one thing in life I was good at!........
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
A warning!!! My midwife told me to take some cod liver oil when my first baby was late. She said that it should get things moving. What I hadn't done was ask how much to take. Nothing happened after two teaspoonfuls so I ended up having a few large gulps ......... big mistake All it did was give me the most awful stomach ache and chronic wind Thank goodness I didn't actually go into labour then as I couldn't possibly have gone into hospital with the wind that I was expelling!!!!

akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post

LOL! I've heard similar warnings about the old wives tale of castor oil..... Even a hot curry I daren't try just incase......

Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
My eldest daughter was a day early, my youngest a day early and my son was 9 days late, which meant I had to cook the christmas turkey for 9 people with not much help from the rest of hubby's family (now ex hubby). Having said that like SBear it was like shucking peas when I did get going. Two hours for all of them - the one thing in life I was good at!........
Ooo that was a bummer with your son being late after your others 2 being early - mind you, there we go again - BOYS!!!! i bet you were shocked he was so late! How awful having to cook the Sunday dinner overdue too!!!! Omg, that was VERY good of you, I hid from a visitor in our bedroom yesterday LOL, nevermind cook them dinner - Christmas dinner!!

I hope i'm as good as it as you, wow! 2 hours?! Amazing Well done!
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:14 PM
I've not had any kids, however, here's a horror story for ya... My sister and I were a week late, twins and both over 8 lbs... my Mom was NOT a happy camper! LOL
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:19 PM
I was 4 days over and they induced me due to high blood pressure. I tried everything including going on a 2 hour walk with the dogs and nothing worked. But now time has flown i cant believe he 4.5 months old now
ATD x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
I was 4 days over and they induced me due to high blood pressure. I tried everything including going on a 2 hour walk with the dogs and nothing worked. But now time has flown i cant believe he 4.5 months old now
ATD x
Aw bless him, yes i remember you posting up that he had arrived and the lovely photos like yesterday! Wow! it's such a funny thing pregnancy, drags one minute, flies by the next but when you look back and reflect it seems to have gone really quick?

Oo i'm 4 days over today, wonder if my blood pressure is ok...heehee xx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I've not had any kids, however, here's a horror story for ya... My sister and I were a week late, twins and both over 8 lbs... my Mom was NOT a happy camper! LOL
Wow, that's like having one 16 pounder, and a week late too!!!! Your mum is amazing!
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 02:27 PM
Good luck on I keep checking in to see if there's any news.
Page 4 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »