View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-11-2011, 11:20 PM
Akitagirl, I just wanted to wish you luck for your up-coming delivery. Both of my sons were late - my first was 10 days and my second was 9 days late. First time round I finally got to the stage one evening that I was just so naffed off and uncomfortable that I phoned my Mum in tears. She told my other half that she was sure I had started labour then and it was my hormones causing me to be soooooo emotional. She was right, he was born 4 hours after the phone call!! I know you'll be very uncomfortable at the moment but believe me the you will get even less rest after your new little one arrives!!
You must feel like every 'mum-to-be', the excitement of actually seeing what he/she looks like etc etc. Good luck.
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

21-11-2011, 11:35 PM
Exciting times - just wanted to wish you all the best !!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 01:04 AM
Back in my day they only used to let you go 10 days late. My 1st was induced at 9 days late, and my second, I started in labour myself at 1.30am and she was born later that day.....she was 3 days late.......

Hope your little man makes an appearance soon xx
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-11-2011, 07:31 AM
My daughter actually came a week early but she was breech for almost the entire pregnancy (and was born that way too!) and I remember that feeling of a head wedged under the rib cage so well!
Hope it's not too much longer for you. x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Hope your "little bundle of joy" makes their appearance very soon x
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
sorry to gloat but luca my first was 2 days early and lola 3 weeks early so if this one comes late I will be insane !!!

Really hope your baba gets on with it soon !!!
oooo you are so lucky, never dawned on me till now that it was even GOOD to have babies early, i constantly worried he would come early, but a few weeks would have been perfect!

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Both my boys were late and came of their own accord. Being 30 and 26 years go I can't remeber exactly how many days overdue they were.

I hope he moves soon for you so you can get more comfortable. Try to wait for Paul to get home though.
Wow, soooo many late boys!!!!!! xx

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Well - if it had not been a leap year...

...my daughter, my firstborn, was due on Tuesday 13 March 1968. And my twin and I were born on 13 March 19somthingorother.

And my daughter actually turned up on the day she was due.

Only it was a leap year so Tuesday 13 March 1968 was, in fact, Tuesday 12 March 1968.

Son, second and lastborn, was four weeks early which was A Good Thing as they had been threatening me with a 10lb baby [no scans in those days, just guesses]. As it was he was 7lb 14oz and that was four weeks early?

Your bubby will turn up when he is ready. He probably is far too comfortable where he is at the moment and cannot be bothered to make the effort to stir himself and enter the world.

But he will, and I have already booked my place to be his honorary grandma!
wow, i'm so pleased he was early for you! And fancy your daughter turning up on her due date, i thought that never happened!

Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
Never given birth so can't give you any stories - just wishing you all the best for your upcoming delivery and I hope it's soon for you!
Aw thanks hun xxx

Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
I don't think I could stand the wait either if it were me. My 2 were both early.

My eldest was 4 weeks early, I didn't even realise I was in labour I just kept getting twinges that paracetamol wasn't getting rid of so rang the hospital to ask if I could take something else and when they asked me to describe the pain and the length of gap between they said to get my ass in asap, I was only there for a couple of minutes before my waters broke and shortly after my son was born, he came so fast they had no time to give me pain relief.

My second was a week early I was booked in for induction due to health concerns but when I arrived they discovered my cervix was already fully open so told me to go home and if I hadn't gone into labour through the night to go back in the morning for my waters to be broken which I did and was in heavy labour within minutes.
Oo lovely early babies, i'm sooo going to be like that with this baby, i'm really not sure that I'll know when i'm in labour!! I really hope my waters go first as that seems more of a clue than any tummy pains! I get bloated, and little tightenings, have done for weeks, i guess i just expect the pains to be more painful or go round to my back which i've never had.

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
With my first son I was given 3 choices of dates, before the Easter, middle of Easter or after the Easter.

Already 15 days overdue and a breach I chose before ... thinking of all those choc's I went in on the 11th April to be induced and have what they called a controlled birth (with the possibility of a C section) spent the whole of the 12th in labour and finally they got him out on the 13th then spent Easter in hospital

However with the second my dates where for the 26th May, but I fell down the stairs on the 21st May, he decided it was too rocky in there and was born 40 mins later Thankfully no harm done
Wow, you gave birth to a breech baby naturally?!!! Well done! Our boy was breech till a few weeks ago and they were SO keen to get me in for a c section at 39 weeks, to do everything to avoid a natural laboiur! Luckily he turned at just over 37 weeks. Hope you still got easter eggs!!!!!

Thank god everything was ok after you fell down the stairs! Heehee far to rocky in there for him then, lol!

Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Akitagirl, I just wanted to wish you luck for your up-coming delivery. Both of my sons were late - my first was 10 days and my second was 9 days late. First time round I finally got to the stage one evening that I was just so naffed off and uncomfortable that I phoned my Mum in tears. She told my other half that she was sure I had started labour then and it was my hormones causing me to be soooooo emotional. She was right, he was born 4 hours after the phone call!! I know you'll be very uncomfortable at the moment but believe me the you will get even less rest after your new little one arrives!!
You must feel like every 'mum-to-be', the excitement of actually seeing what he/she looks like etc etc. Good luck.
Aw thankyou, 10 and 9 days late You must have the patience of a saint, i hope i can bear to wait that long if i have to! Not too emotional yet, although had an awful night, Paul was snoring sooo loud, acid reflux, felt really sick, a bit hot and cold so couldn't sleep so did end up with a few tears

Originally Posted by Phil View Post
Exciting times - just wanted to wish you all the best !!!
Thank you

Originally Posted by Lou View Post
Back in my day they only used to let you go 10 days late. My 1st was induced at 9 days late, and my second, I started in labour myself at 1.30am and she was born later that day.....she was 3 days late.......

Hope your little man makes an appearance soon xx
Aw, moooore late babies Wish I could be induced at 10 days you know....

Originally Posted by pinklizzy View Post
My daughter actually came a week early but she was breech for almost the entire pregnancy (and was born that way too!) and I remember that feeling of a head wedged under the rib cage so well!
Hope it's not too much longer for you. x
Wow, you did well to give birth naturally to a breech baby!!! I'm glad for you that she came a week early than late - size wise!

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Hope your "little bundle of joy" makes their appearance very soon x
Thank you xxxx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
oooo you are so lucky, never dawned on me till now that it was even GOOD to have babies early, i constantly worried he would come early, but a few weeks would have been perfect!

Yes a days or a couple of weeks would be fine ... but not two months like Ben Not good!

Has there been any talk of inducing you if you go on much longer?
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 10:08 AM
So it's day 4 today for you today. How are you feeling? Did you sleep?
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Yes a days or a couple of weeks would be fine ... but not two months like Ben Not good!

Has there been any talk of inducing you if you go on much longer?
Oh no, i didn't realise Ben was so early, must have been such a worrying time, i can't imagine All the emotional of a normal birth/new arrival tinned with the worry of that Look at him now! He's such an outdoorsy, fit, healthy little lad, always rosy cheeked xxx

Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
So it's day 4 today for you today. How are you feeling? Did you sleep?
I slept terrible! And feeling exactly the same, no feelings of impending labour, damn! Me and Paul are a bit stuffy with a cold, so his snoring was terrible last night, i got so mad with him! I was a bit hot and cold and just generally uncomfortable as usual, i was awake from 2am - 5am - have been like this since 30 weeks so used to it now! It was a nightmare whilst I was working those last few weeks but now i do nothing all day and am able to have lie ins and afternoon naps so can't complain really xxx thankyou for asking xxx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-11-2011, 10:52 AM
Just wanted to wish you a safe delivery

Mine have all been early,Luke at 39 weeks,Lizzie at 38 weeks and the consultant wanted Tom delivered at 38 weeks due to his problems,Cleft and kidneys.I was booked in to be induced,but 3 days before that I went into slow labour,he was born 2 days later at 37 weeks
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »