View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 09:47 AM
I have been trying to lose a stone or so for about 3 years I think my difficulty is that I was so skinny for years and years and could just eat whatever I wanted, but then the joint combination of giving up smoking, hitting 30 years old and having a baby all contributed to putting weight on. I was always around 8 stone and then suddenly I was 10 stone I certainly didn't mind putting on a little bit, as I hated being too skinny, but now would like to lose one stone at least.

I am no good on faddy diets and things, so bought wii Fit, have started to walk for longer (I can, now Ben is in nursery each afternoon), and have smaller portions of food and try to cut out snacking.

Good luck everyone.
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Brierley View Post

Clothes size dropped from a loose 18, tightish 16 down to size 8. Now in a 10 and feel better for it.
That is like exactly what I am and what I want to be!

I do hope to avoid too much loose skin! lol

@Rookgeordiegirl yay for you!

@Moobli I wish I was 10 stone, haha maybe I should get my GSD now.... that may help....

(not gonna happen I know... lol)
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Sounds like there's a good group of us!
I'd like to walk Axel more too, at the moment not possible because of the heat, but hopefully next week!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 12:24 PM
So far all I have eaten today is a low calorie cereal bar, weight watchers tomato soup and a banana - and MFP is telling me I am already over my sugar limit..... =\
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2011, 01:18 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
So far all I have eaten today is a low calorie cereal bar, weight watchers tomato soup and a banana - and MFP is telling me I am already over my sugar limit..... =\
i think this is why most diets fail, if you end up getting yourself to a state where you are "starving" eventually you will just eat anything that is in front of you. (at least i do!!)

id say get a gsd anyway!!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 01:28 PM
I hadn't eaten the banana when I posted, and so still havn't and took it back off the site, just to see

I don't feel hungry just now but no doubt I will fairly soon.. haha.

I totally want one! But only when I move out lol - which will be ages
Dolce
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Dont forget to drink lots of water too, staves off hunger. If you like nuts they are good for a wee snack. (instead of my usual maltesers!!)

I could do with losing about stone myself, i lost 2.5 when i split from my ex (only good thing he did for me ) which took me to 8.5 stone at the time which was too skinny for me, ribs and everything sticking out. if i could get to 9, id be happy. Im going to do the elimination diet again. We should start a support group!!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 01:43 PM
Yeah I have been trying to drink as much water as I can

About the support group - I posted a thread in the suggestions/forum comments bit saying just that! That this thread - yeah it is here, but it isn't a support thread type and if someone doesn't post on it for a few days it will disappear....

Maybe we should start a dedicated support thread though for now? If you do I will join!
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Fructose sugar is lower on the G.I. list and isn't as bad as processed sugar.
Eating apples regularly are supposed to help you lose weight.
A trial in Brazil showed women on a diet including apples lost more weight than women who didn't include them.
Something in the apples but soz I can't remember what it is.
Restrict the carbs. in your diet because they slow down the metabolism.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2011, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by kammi_sparky123 View Post
I've found that the low fat things often have more sugar or sodium in to make them taste better. I stick with my full fat, full sugar, non diet foods and just watch portion sizes, I prefer the way they taste

I don't worry about sugar if it's coming from fresh fruit, it's the stuff that comes from drinks, sweets, chocolate etc I monitor.

Moobli, I'd kill to be 10 stone right now. 9 and a half is my goal weight. It's apparently still overweight for me on the BMI charts but I was a UK size 10 at 10 stone so I don't want to go much below that. Wii Fit told me I should be 8 stone
Page 4 of 29 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »