Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
linda murray
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-08-2011, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, you certainly know what I'm going through here by the sounds of it Linda, I'm just glad you got him sorted by listening to your gut instinct, you could have lost him... All the best to him, I've been there with heart problems myself but thankfully I had angioplasty 15 years ago, and I'm still going strong, borrowed time yes, but I wouldn't be here without them doing what they did! Some might say that's not such a good thing though! That's why I don't need stress, but I seem to thrive on it for some strange reason! Thanks again.xxx

Right, I've rung the NHS direct peops, got him to speak to the lady, and now she's arranged for a nurse to ring us back to speak to me and him again, so they obviously don't like these symptoms do they!

He said his teeth hurt as well? He has perfect teeth, never had a problem with those (unlike me!), but he said they all hurt as well as the back of his head, but he has eaten something now which is good.

I'll let you know what the nurse decides then.....looks like we could be back in hospital again later, I'm prepared for that, dogs are fed and sorted, and I'm going in me jim jams lol!

Best advice i was given (although poo poo'd it) was -Remember to look after YOURSELF!! Eat and sleep !! i know you must be worried sick and its almost easier if it were you who are ill as opposed to Dave but at the moment you have no control over events but Dave needs YOU to be healthy for him. I hope you get good news from doc.

Linda x
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

01-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Oh hell, just when I thought we could be looking at the final chapter in your saga poor old Dave takes a turn for the worse. I must admit even I thought he should have today off. It's strange that he now has pain in his teeth, I've never heard of that (Except as normal toothache and then it's highly localised isn't it )

Really hope you can get it sorted H and keep on at those Docs. 'cos they must have some idea what it is.

We'll all send lots of healing vibes to him tonight
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally Posted by linda murray View Post
Best advice i was given (although poo poo'd it) was -Remember to look after YOURSELF!! Eat and sleep !! i know you must be worried sick and its almost easier if it were you who are ill as opposed to Dave but at the moment you have no control over events but Dave needs YOU to be healthy for him. I hope you get good news from doc.

Linda x
Thanks to you Linda, I now feel heaps better coz the nurse just rang us back! Yes, I'm eating and sleeping properly, don't have a problem there, it's just this constant draining feeling, that makes me feel ill when I think of how he must be suffering and I can't see any end to it! The migraines I could always cope with, leave him for 24 hours, up he gets, has something to eat and is quite normal again, but that isn't happening at the moment, I even feel like he's "changed" in his personality if you know what I mean, but I'm trying to poo poo that one!! Thanks again Linda, I hope your hubby stays well now.xxx

Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oh hell, just when I thought we could be looking at the final chapter in your saga poor old Dave takes a turn for the worse. I must admit even I thought he should have today off. It's strange that he now has pain in his teeth, I've never heard of that (Except as normal toothache and then it's highly localised isn't it )

Really hope you can get it sorted H and keep on at those Docs. 'cos they must have some idea what it is.

We'll all send lots of healing vibes to him tonight
I know H, and here I was thinking the start of a new week, things will be on the up! Thanks for your concern H, but I feel a lot better now.

She was a lovely nurse, spent ages chatting to him on the phone just now. She's 99.9% convinced that it's the lumbar puncture that is causing this, it hasn't healed yet, and in actual fact she says, they have made it worse for him He has instructions to drink lots of caffeine drinks inbetween the water (which I already told him about after my research), but he said he can't stand the taste of tea now, and yet Dave was an avid tea fan, he always had a cup of tea in his hand! Anyhoo, he is to lie down flat when he feels the headache coming on, the ice pack is good as it's constricting the vessels which are causing the blood rush to the had, and if it's no better in another couple of days, then he must go to the doctor because it's highly likely he'll need the blood patch (which is also what I told him, and I'm always right lol!). I think HE feels better too, now that she's tried to put his mind at rest, and I definitely do.

Off to bed now, leaving Georgie outside again so he doesn't disturb Dave overnight and quite honestly, he likes being out on the tiles all night does old Georgie, and if he wants to come indoors, he knows his way to the bootroom where he has another bed laid out for him and plenty of water and some little treats! Sorted!

Maybe after a good night's sleep Dave will feel better than today, you never know, time heals, it's quite a major thing this lumbar puncture I'm sure of it, and a lot of people actually refuse to have it down I've read, purely because of this aftermath or worse!!! I won't be having one thanks, I've learned that much!!!

Thanks again guys, I'll update tomorrow.xxxxxxx
Sarah88
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-08-2011, 08:38 PM
Oh jeez-o H! But at least you've both spoken to the nurse and she's put your mind at ease a little. I'm with you on the "no lumbar-puncture's" though! Sounds like the aftermath is worse than the actual procedure!!!

Poor Dave. Sending big healing ((vibes)) and as others have said, please look after yourself!

(((hugs))) xoxox
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-08-2011, 10:01 PM
Hopefully a few more days of rest will put Dave right again. I really hope things are going to turn around for the better for you now Helena.
linda murray
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-08-2011, 07:39 AM
Good Morning H

Hope you had a good sleep and Dave had a restful night and is feeling a bit better.

Hugz

Linda x
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

02-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Oi Nechda Sheli - you look after yourself and tell that Dave of yours to take it easy.

OK?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-08-2011, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by Heather and Zak View Post
Hopefully a few more days of rest will put Dave right again. I really hope things are going to turn around for the better for you now Helena.
Thanks Heather, about time isn't it! xx

Originally Posted by linda murray View Post
Good Morning H

Hope you had a good sleep and Dave had a restful night and is feeling a bit better.

Hugz

Linda x
Morning Linda, I have good news, he's feeling a lot better today! xx

Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Oi Nechda Sheli - you look after yourself and tell that Dave of yours to take it easy.

OK?
Hi grandma Yep, will do!

Well, I have good news! Just phoned Dave and he sounds better and says he feels a lot better today, but I have TOLD him not to push it, the minute he starts feeling woozy, blurry vision etc. then he is to come home immediately, especially when that sun comes out again in a minute coz it's hot, hot, hot down sarf, 28 deg already!

No news from last night's viewing, but they said they have a man who is desperate to view coz he's sold his and it sounds perfick for him and his mate with plenty of parking and plenty of space, so he's coming Friday.....IF Dave's not back in bed or hospital that is!

He's seeing the nurse on Thursday morning for more blood and urine tests, so hopefully, they might show some improvement. Can always hope!

Oh, by the way, both dogs have diarrhea this morning!!! I had to wash old Georgieboy down coz he covered his trousers, and Zena's came out like a hosepipe when out on our walk Blooming 'eck! Chicken and potato for them today, they've had scrambled eggs for brekkie, and we'll see how we go coz neither of them are ill as such, so hopefully, it's something they ate which has caused it. Hey bladdy ho again then!!!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Well, I have good news! Just phoned Dave and he sounds better and says he feels a lot better today, but I have TOLD him not to push it,
Quite right H and as you say I saw on Sky weather this morning that some places are going to have +30C today so that is getting really hot.

Sorry to read about Zena & Georgie having the squits, has to be something they've found and eaten. Bara once found the most revolting lump of something in the forrest, it was all green and slimy even she didn't eat it thank God but she carried it for half a mile 'till we nearly home, I'm sure she planned to go back the next day and eat it but I decided to go on a different route for a few days and when we did go that way again it had gone, thankfully
Page 14 of 14 « First < 4 11 12 13 14