Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:20 AM

Fat Club (round two)

Need to lose weight? Need some support? Lost weight, feel good and want to share your story?

Then this is the thread for you.

All stories, tips and support welcome!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:28 AM
I need to lose a stone but am a terrible chocaholic! I think I will give it up for lent. I did this before and found I didn't really miss it at all after the initial first week of cravings.

I just had my cholesterol checked at the doctor's and am waiting for the results. if it's bad it will give me the kick-start I need!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:31 AM
I've been doing Weight Watchers online for nearly two weeks now and I'm loving it.

I've lost 3lbs in my first week and didn't even feel like I was on a diet.

My target weight loss is initially 2 stone, but overall I need to loose 6 stone to get back from this -

to this -

IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
I've lost 10lbs since Christmas, doing Slimming World... Apart from at the beginning, I'm pretty much losing 1lb a week, which suits me fine!

I suspect most of the weight loss can be attributed to the fact that I haven't drunk any alcohol since New Year

I've not really done that much more exercise, but have signed up to run another 10k for charity in May, so I really have to crack on with the training for that!
Rookgeordiegirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I joined rosemary Conley in early Jan and have lost 12lbs
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 11:13 AM
I have lost 12 pounds since the start of January .
My daughter is getting married in May so good incentive to lose some weight .
Going to start looking for my outfit in March so need to be looking my best for then and stay the same weight once I have bought the outfit
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 11:35 AM
I need to loose weight desperalty, I always have, well for a long time, I was skinny when I was young but the other day I took this pic (was walking the dogs which is why I look like a tramp lol).

To tell you the truth I use my brothers excuse for our weight, when I was young I was skinny, I do have a photo but its not on the computer, but when (this will sound like a sob story bear with me, its just what my brother blames, so I'm gonna blame it too, at least then I have a excuse for the way I look) my mum set fire to the house and disspeared everyone put on weight, including me, my brother and sister, but after my parents got back together no-one lost it again, so I finished my last year of primary and all of my secondary school life overweight (and being told so regulary, but not by people at school my own mother) and I got to this stage, tbh I'm not sure when it was taken, but I looked like this when I finished school, and I am around 90% sure it was when I was in year eleven (yeah I have always looked young for my age)

I know I'm never gonna be skinny, but I would like to loss some weight, the boots scales told me to be a healthy BMI I have to loss around three stone, but right now I'm not sure how to do that, although that was last month, and I've lost some weight since then, but I'm not sure how much, I'll have to go back to see.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Ok---I'll fess up as well. I need to lose another person I think----I don't do weighing but I started my own 'diet' in September. I have gone down a size and lost loads from my face and top.

I am simply not eating chocolate, pasta, cheese in great quantities, bread or rice. I have cut down loads on fatty meats---I luv fat! I am eating tons of fish, tons of fruit and veg and tons of salad.

Saturdays I can eat what I like, if I am invited out I can eat what I like. To begin with I ended saturday feeling sick! Now I am more sensible.

I am having to go to the loo loads at night due to eating salads etc.

I am debating getting a hula hoop as I used to be good at that and it is fun. I have to be careful of my back.

I have probably lost well over 3 stone now, I can put my socks on easily and various other life skills are coming slowly back

It is expensive and I check calories if I buy ready meals. The roast dinners are very low and you can add a ton of cabbage etc to them. Seafood like prawns and muscles are low---I do add my own low fat hellmans and tomato sauce dressing to them!

I get through about 10 tomatoes, 2 cucumbers loads of radishes and mange tout and raw pepper a week.

Good luck everyone!

rune
dreamaday
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-02-2011, 03:12 PM
Yup, its diet time in this house too!!

I have put a stone and a half on since meeting my now hubby 41/2 years ago - everyone tells me its contentment!!
He has piled on a similar amount.
We bought a cross trainer last week and also have an old rowing machine at home. Have been using the new crosstrainer almost every day until Monday just gone, but am now having to give it a miss as have an awful pain in my hip, (googling it suggests an "overuse" injury from repetitive movement - "common in middle age women who have recently started working out" - joy!)

Signed up for Sainsburys online diet club about 3 weeks ago, wished I hadnt, havent done any of their meals!! have used the online food diary and rarely meet the suggested lower calorie and fat intake per day when preparing my own normal meals!!

I know our downfall is wine and cheese, plus choccy for the OH! hindered by my shift work and a lack of exercise on both parts!
For the last week I have been meticulously planning meals for the week so we dont have any last minute convenient/rubbish meals.
I nearly took a picture of our fridge after this weeks shop as it was so crammed full - of veggies and fruit and salad
I havent touched any chips, cake or leftover buffet at work this week. Finally I seem to have kick started myself into it.
We have also finished up the "bad" christmas food and alcohol and have agreed to only have a bottle of wine on my weekends off (once every 3 weeks!!)

Its took me a while to get started, but so far this week its gone well, I've resisted all the usual rubbish I eat, and have actually enjoyed it. Am just bloomin annoyed at my hip and not being able to use the new crosstrainer (which i love!)

Good luck everyone
x
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Some great stories so far, especially Rune's which had me LOL.

I've had loads to eat today and have still got 22 points left so I'm going to have a few glasses of wine with tonight's veggie chilli and wedges ;o)
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »