Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Sooo beautiful
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

26-11-2009, 11:09 PM
Out in the paddock and she was off! Whey hay!!!

It took 25 mins for her to slow down and then we had a lovely walk along the field. Lovely cuddle and 'love in' ..oh what a wonderful time Jessie had!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Oh she is just gorgeous. It's not fair. She's miles away.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

29-11-2009, 08:36 PM
An update by a couple of volunteers who walked Jessie down at the kennels:
Jessie was my last walk of the day....what a character...if you want a dog that will make you roar with laughter this is the one for you...first thing she did in the paddock was run round and grab every toy going..after she tested them all she decided on the punctured ball....she then carried it all the way on the walk...we got half way sat down got out the treats, but she just wasn’t going to give that ball up...she walked around me and then sat next me....ball still in her mouth...then off we went again. When we got back to her kennel I went in with her and sat on the floor with her...I got the treats out and this time she finally dropped the ball...I tell you this girl made me smile...if you were feeling in any way fed up this girl will bring you round....special lovely girl...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Jess has been with us a while now and is being overlooked. She is still looking for a foster or forever home. We have updated her ad as we know a lot more about her:

Her Story: Jessie was found stray in Lancaster. She was micro-chipped so her owners were contacted and stated that she had been passed on to someone who they didn't have a record of and they didn't want her anymore. We were told she was good with children and dogs.

Salient points: Medium build Staffie. Kind, lively nature, conducive for an 18 month old dog. Mixes well with dogs outside, but hasn't lived with another dog. Not for cats or small furries. Branch obsessed, but more about the breaking off soon discards, not a carrier.

Advert: Jessie is beautiful with her big white bib and soft peach brindle coat. She is novice and needs initial work, but will pay you back in heaps in the future. Affectionate with people, loving with children, delighted to be out on her walks and meets dogs nicely on her lead. She was homed for 24 hours, but small furries a no! and was stressed with another dog in her territory. However delightful company and brilliant with the young children. She is a busy Miss and pleased to follow you about the house and get stuck into any action or non-action on offer! She gets excited around small furries, cats and even pond fish! For this reason we are looking for an only pet status for her. Her history is quite vague so would look to home her with children 10 yrs & above with close supervision over visiting young children. She is spayed and vax'd.

Jessie is ready for her family. She is a heart winner and we know her forever family will delight in her if they know the breed, rejoicing in her youth and 'cheeky' nature! She is a beauty with a fresh smile and generous licks given on each encounter.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Ooh I love her, she is gorgeous, I hope that she gets her forever home soon.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-01-2010, 10:57 PM
Jessie had a great game in the paddock today. She entertains herself whilst smartly avoiding any association with the person in the paddock for fear her time will be up. Went and waited hidden behind the backgate hoping her curiosity would draw her into a corridor to trap her..no she was content as anything, to play with her sticks and balls. Such a delight to watch I kept giving her more and more time.

But we had a journey ahead of us so I went and picked up a stick..oh oh yes that looks a lovely stick ?for me? On went the lead and she then settled in the passenger seat of my car luxuriating over the seat cover, warmth and fuss.

Amy thought she was so beautiful as she showed her new kennel. Jessie is still waiting in kennels for her foster or forever home to find her.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2010, 07:12 AM
I really hope you find that forever home hun xxxxx fingers XXXXXXXXXXX
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

01-02-2010, 10:40 PM
“Jessie had a great day today. Frances walked her and had a dog whistle. Every time Jessie lurched towards a branch, Frances blew the whistle, got Jessie to sit and gave her a treat. She repeated this over and over and it got to the point where Jessie would automatically sit and look for the the treat everytime Frances blew the whistle. Eventually Jessie would ignore a branch in favour of the whistle/sit/treat routine.

It was very impressive to watch - and I think a real move forward for Jess as it shows she can focus on something else and learn to lose her branch obsession.

Jess gets very admiring looks from passersby - she is a fabulous colour and a real show stopper ! Jessie has great potential - she is really keen to learn”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-03-2010, 09:35 PM
Jessie ... photos courtesy of Gemma, one of our volunteers:

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »