Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2009, 06:35 PM
Originally Posted by Rescue Remedies View Post
I'm afraid it's a 'no' to cats & other dogs.
oh thats a shame, good luck Frank !!!

just cant beleive he is stilll with you - if i could will him a home he should have had one by now !!!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

03-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Mum, Bonesey (Sam) & I walked Frank today with Chleo. I went in to get him, said hello to him through the kennel bars ... a little interest. Went into his kennel ... a little more interest. Got down and sat on the floor with him and gave him a big hello ... got a lot of interest! We had our usual cuddle and kiss session. Both of us were pleased to see each other. If I had a tail I would have wagged it too!

When I came out of the kennel block my mum did a double take and said "that's not Frank is it"?! Have to say she was right - it's been a little while since we have both seen him and his skin has had a flare up in between. But am delighted to say that today he was looking so much better. His coat has really improved and we were both very thrilled to see that. He doesn't have the pink patches that he had before either and there is new longer healthier fur on his back. Unfortunately my camera died today after taking shots of Chleo - I was gutted - so there is no photographic evidence this time.

I can't tell you how much character this boy has written all over his face. Someone is going to smile every day just looking him when they come forward to offer him his forever home. I just hope that happens soon as he needs someone to give him a forever home chance. A special boy.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-10-2009, 10:10 PM
Here is an update from Lynne who walked Frank today ...

"Frank is on the road to recovery..his skin no longer has 'that smell' Many thanks to Alyson and her team; also thanks goes to Nikki from Epsom Canine Rescue for recommending and supplying his herbal treatment.

Now anyone who has walked Frank knows how difficult it is to get a frontal photoshot as he is far ahead on the walk and at the most will sit with his back to you. His fur has thickened again on his back..it was thinning out again 3 weeks ago.

Well we had a few cuddle sessions and he was beginning to come back for another cuddle..and had hesitation getting on with the walk..bless. Here he is being called in for a cuddle"!

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-10-2009, 09:08 PM
An update on Frank from Lynne:

"Ok, Ok, Ok lets change the note here ... lets not harp on about Frank's skin. Frank used to have a Chronic Skin problem. Frank is now a dog post skin problem! His problem now is he doesn't have a home!

Frank is mellow; he is pulls you into cuddles rather than attaches himself to you...and he has a wealth of little noises that surface in midst cuddles just to let you know I am rather enjoying this!

Frank has a clean smell coming to him; his past odour is fading.

So by all means exam his fur and see how it is coming through in abundance ...

The only way to get a head shot of Frank who is very "camera shy" is to hold the camera out in front of him and hope for the best..

Got this one as he noticed horses coming and stopped still ..

He waited as they passed by but then wanted to walk right behind them but I held him back then he was in pursuit!

So Frank's owner are you ready...Frank is!"

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2009, 09:14 PM
i love this dog - why does no one want him???
i just dont understand he is so gorgeous xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hades
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Looking at those Id say Staff x Bulldog! DEFINITELY no Shar-Pei!
I agree staffy x old tyme bulldog or even staffy x DDB.
Hes a cracking boy hope he finds the home he deserves soon.
All the best and keep us posted

ps, you have all done a great job with him he is looking great!!!
well done
louise81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2009, 11:38 AM
He looks like a american pitbull terrier on the top photo,but the other 2 photos he looks a little like a mixed breed staffy with bulldog.
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2009, 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by louise81 View Post
He looks like a american pitbull terrier on the top photo,but the other 2 photos he looks a little like a mixed breed staffy with bulldog.
I'd suggest you've never seen a pitbull if that's what you think he looks like!

We would love you so much Frank, why can't you get on with girls??
louise81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-10-2009, 03:47 PM
Petrina i did not say he looks like a pitbull i said american pitbull terrier.Yes i have seen pitbulls and i have seen american pitbull terriers,and better than that a good friend of mine in america owns 4 american pitbull terriers and yes in that first photo frank does look rather like a american pitbull terrier,in the other photos no.American pitbull terriers do vary in looks i have seen some that look all most like a staffordshire bull terrier.If you look at old photos i have seen 1 that looks a little like a jack russell terrier in looks and size.Thank You.Rescue Remedies you do a wonderful job helping dogs i hope frank finds a nice home.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Poor Frank....... why does no-one want you sweet-pea? You are a real love, and I would have you in a heartbeat if my circumstances were different....
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 10 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »