Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-08-2009, 07:44 PM
An update on Frank, by Mark, one of our lovely volunteer dog walkers:

“I took Frank on an outing today as I hadn’t seen him for a while, as always he sat patiently in the kennel while I fitted his padded harness, trotted gleefully out to the car park and up into the car.

We drove over to Shoreham so he could have a play in the river; he lay down in the back of the car and didn’t make a sound.

I used a metal lead to discourage any ragging but it wasn’t an issue today, Frankie just wanted to get down to the water! We strolled along under the shade of the trees and Frank kept eyeing up the water, unfortunately, it was either too deep or the bank was too high on the first part of the walk. We walked past several ramblers and dogs with no problems but Frank did want to go and join two lads who were fishing, he seemed quite intrigued by what they were doing, but we carried on until we reached the small bridge. Frank instantly realised where he was and made for the shallow water. I think it must be that it cools his skin, but he spent ages plodding around in the water, he always comes back to you quite quickly but then he’s off again.

After a while he spotted a football wedged under the bench, probably left by a child from the day before, but Frank started to become focused on it, so I decided it was time to go back before he ruined it. As we walked back past the fishing boys, their Mothers’ were sat on a bench, they were really interested in Frank and his story and both made a big fuss of him, they did comment that he had a lovely nature not what they expected when they first saw him, I told them I thought that’s maybe why people overlook Frank, in photos he can look quite scary sometimes, but if people were to meet him they’d know just how different he is.

Once back at car we sat in the back with the tailgate up and spent around 20mins making a fuss of each other, he really is an affectionate lad when you get to know him.

I think Frank enjoyed himself today, it does him good to see a different environment”.

and heres the Video clip starring "Frank" ...
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-08-2009, 08:13 PM
wouldnt let me watch the video, but I just love Frank more and more every time he gets an update,. Why is he being overlooked he is a babe !!!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

17-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Video takes a long time to upload, but it does eventually

No idea why he is still with us - I would just want to wake up to the face, he makes me
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Lovely long walk with Frank

We have a vet appointment on Monday to review his skin and to try and get further improvement ... though it isn't troubling him currently.
Petrina
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-09-2009, 01:01 PM
Gosh it's taking a long time for that skin infection to go isn't it? Poor boy he is so lovely!

I had really hoped to see a 'frank has a new home' post when I saw you'd posted!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

20-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Well we have changed Frank's treatment and he has had a reaction to the new formulae. Frank as been scratching and sore again. We are continuing as we need him to get his 'mite' levels down but also boosting his immune system with special herbs for a 2 fold approach. Poor Frank, hope you are able soon to leave this all behind.

Here he is being comforted by Bounce

FRANK IS STILL LOOKING FOR A FOSTER OR FOREVER HOME!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2009, 06:47 PM
OH BLESS, I keep hoping I am going to get a happy new home post here..

I know someone who may be interested - whats he like with cats??
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Frank's stunning! He's also stole my heart. I so wish I could have him.....But I already have a male staff.

Hope he finds his forever loving home soon x
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2009, 09:24 PM
what a sweetheart he is. there must be some lucky person out there for him. keeping everything crossed he finds them really soon.

frank, we love you!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

22-09-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
I know someone who may be interested - whats he like with cats??
I'm afraid it's a 'no' to cats & other dogs.
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »