View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

09-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Another update from Frank's fosterer ...

Playing tug of war all the time and throwing balls seemed to be the only games Frank knew. I decided something more stimulating was called for and hid some of his toys in various places including in trees. At first he didn’t know what was expected but soon cottoned on and enjoyed the new game. It’s just too funny watching him peering up and trying to climb trees looking for hidden treasures even if there aren’t any. Poor boy!

A picture tells a thousand words .....

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-07-2009, 06:18 PM
Another update from Frank’s fosterer Fred:

Another milestone!

Left Frank to his own devices for three hours today, YES, THREE HOURS, without any problems.
When I came back - not a sound - I don't think he had stirred once, but just "been resting quietly".
Shall extend it to four hours next, but am already convinced that too won't be a problem. I don't think he's ever heard of Separation Anxiety.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-07-2009, 08:25 AM
any news on what he is like with children? we dont have children at the moment, but will someday and have regular contact with them. he sounds like our perfect dog so far!
bless him, hope his skin heals up. how's he doing making friends with dogs?
Frank has lived with children, but is quite stand offish and we don't feel that that would be quite the right home environment for him.

Make sure you opt for a "proven child friendly/has successfully lived with children" dog though - even if you don't have a child now

Don't forget to check out our site and good luck with your search.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 10:38 AM
He is gorgeous, and I would presume addictive going by that face, he looks much happier in foster lovely boy xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-07-2009, 09:25 PM
An update on Frank who is now back in kennels ...

“We had a short little walk today..his little protest "lets go back" routine..testing out the water look..no you're not going to let me get away with it are you...NO FRANK Come on lets goooo and off you go. He gives you frequent sideward glances..Oh so much the bull dog.

Frank is a 'devil' to photograph. Definitely camera shy. He likes to sit with his back towards you outside. Inside its different from behind his bars.. he spends all day long looking at the human parade from centre court in "Wimbledon" kennels!”

FRANK IS LOOKING FOR A FOSTER HOME OR FOREVER HOME!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-08-2009, 09:12 PM
An update from one of our volunteer dog walkers on Frank ...

"We took Frankie out on Friday morning, we put him in the back of the car and he sat looking out at the cars behind us, looking like the Churchill dog from the adverts. Ooooh Yes!

We took him over to Shoreham for a walk along the river. The river is only shallow and Frank made a beeline for the water and a quick paddle, after that, we had a lovely walk along the bank with Frank strutting his stuff. Further on we sat down in the sunshine watching the world go by and made a fuss of the big guy.

A family walking past made a big fuss of Frankie and he behaved impeccably, sat there whilst the Mum and kids stroked him.

Towards the end of the walk we got to a big shallow area and Frank was in again, it was clear he wanted to go in further so we clipped the retractable lead on his harness and off he went … you can see he enjoyed himself".

Frank the water baby ...
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

15-08-2009, 06:45 AM
Oh my word was I honoured yesterday! I re-introduced myself to Frank, we had a little chat and then off we went on our walk. He showed signs that he was happy to accommodate! Once we got going he seemed very enthusiastic and when we stopped on the way back for a cuddle and some pictures I was treated to a big hug and ... wait for it ... loads of kisses! The contrast between him sitting in the kennel and out and about was totally different. He definitely charmed his way into my soul today ... hope I managed to capture a little of the real cheeky Frank ...

We cuddled ...

He kissed ... OK, so I puckered up and believe me he planted!

He enjoyed his fuss ...

This boy has a beauty all his own, but it's there, he is special and he so deserves to be in his forever home ...

Frank with my mum ...

When I interviewed Frank I asked him if he could have one wish what would it be ... he said it was to have his own forever home - this was the picture of his face when he said it. He meant every word!

Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 10:57 AM
I LOVE fRANK and have to say he has stolen my heart a little, if only only only....

I am desperate to see this update with a nice big new home -come on someone see how lovely frank is please
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 11:22 AM
Aw Frank what a stunning little man you are! What on earth are you still doing in kennels?
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 02:30 PM
He is gorgeous isn't he, and I love that fuzzy shar pei hair xx
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »