Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 10:24 AM

Worried about Ben being a large!!

Well all last year I was worried that Ben was going to measure a large and we would never be able to compeate at agility as I would never get him jumping that high

Thankfully he just measured a medium

Then last night in class I was running him and I heard 'he didnt!' and a giggle, I finnished my run and went to find out

Turns out we had forgot to put a jump down and I didnt notice while I was running but Ben didnt even notice - just jumped it no problem

Fantastic, all the other dogs in the class had to slowly work up to large putting the jumps up a wee bit at a time so they would see them and not run under them

Ben must be looking for the pole now

Also we did lots of difficult angles for the weaves and he nailed it every single time - and even got a nice speed going!! and is working away from me and going out to obsticles
Yeah!! I feel in this last month it has all finally come together - all the bits I was wondering how to fix

Not bad for 1 years training

and Mia has just finished her 6 weeks introduction and is doing pretty well too - we did a front cross last night! and she took it in her stride

thankfully she is running slow till she figures out what I want - I am going to have trouble keeping up with her when she gets to full speed!!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Great news there. I so envy you having a club to go to...Can we have some pics please?
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 01:23 PM
hey that sounds really good- its such a good feeling when it all comes together!
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Very well done to you lovely when it all comes together

We get Max measured in March but he will be large!

Max's biggest problem is his handler LOL!