Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

02-07-2010, 08:58 PM
An update from Antoine, a kindly walking volunteer:

"Spending time with Amba is such a delight. She is so playful and has so much love to give to the people that will love her. It just breaks my heart not to be able to take her out of kennels!

Today Amba spotted a log twice as big as her and decided she would take it home with her. Bless her...

lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2010, 01:50 AM
she is lovely i do hope she gets a home soon xx
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

07-07-2010, 08:27 PM
An update from Antoine, one of our volunteers:

"Amba didn't seem in her same usual good mood today. She didn't really rush out for her walk and then she was not as keen as usual to explore the surroundings. Playing in the stream managed to improve her mood a bit, but still it seemed to be some sort of rainy day for her.

Poor girl should really get a chance out of kennels, she is so good".

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

21-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Antoine, one of our volunteers, took Amba out at the weekend to give her a break from kennel life. Here is his update ...

Saturday:

"After just a day spent with Amba, I already know it will be very difficult to put her back in kennels tomorrow. I was already in love with her, now I'm just becoming addicted! We have been out most of the day, and Amba has been behaving perfectly the whole time. She is winning hearts wherever she goes, and a few people would have already adopted her if they were younger/fitter or if they did not already have several dogs.

Our garden is far from being secure and Amba could easily jump over our little fence (or even crawl under it), but no, she clearly understands the fence is a boundary not to be crossed. To be on the safe side we are always watching her, but it is a pleasure to just be with her anyway.

Tomorrow Amba will be watching a half marathon, BBQing with friends and chilling out in the garden.

Sunday:

I have not been this sad for a very long time! Driving Amba back to Gatwick North and taking her to her kennel was a very painful experience. I did not cry, but Julie tells me I almost did.

Yesterday Amba was just an incredible dog. Today, she was even better.

She slept through the night without a single noise. To be honest, I think I have only heard her barking once during the 2 days. She has been perfectly clean all along. And when driving to and from places, she was so quiet that we almost forgot she was with us in the car.

She has had a huge success the whole weekend. When people first met Amba, absolutely everybody told us she was an incredibly beautiful dog. Then they got the wagging tail and the cuddles, and that was enough to Amber'ize them!

This morning some fellow runners were interested to know more about her, but no one had anything to write so I will take with me a few cards with links to all Amba things on the net when I am next at the running club.

And now for the pictures.

Yesterday lunchtime with family and friends. Amba never thought about trying to steal food from the tables. She was just happy to be with us.

On our way back from a walk in Denbies vineyard.

And back in our small garden: note the very small fence, with in some places a 3 or 4 inches gap between the ground and the fence. It would not have made a difference for Amba if it had been a 6 feet high brick wall. She was just happy to respect it as the boundary of her temporary home. Of course I'm not saying Amba would be ideal in any garden, merely that she is not the kind of dog that will think/want/try to escape. She is just happy to be with her people.

Today, cheering on my buddy Geoff and I when we were running our half marathon. Julie has never had a dog and she was worried she could not handle Amba while we would be running. Well once gain, Amba has been the perfect dog.

I am expecting some high quality pictures of Amba that were taken by a friend with some top notch digital camera yesterday. I will add them here as soon as I get hold of them.

Something that really made me laugh the whole weekend was to see Amba stealing some smelly socks and trainers, and taking them with her to her basket as quietly as she could. She would not chew them, she just needed to have something feet-related with her whenever she was having a nap.

My plan for next weekend was to pick up Amba in the morning and take her straight to the Box Hill sponsored walk (organised by a Staffie Forum to raise funds for RR). Right now, I am wondering how I will be able to convince our landlord to let us take her for the weekend again. I'm sure Amba would love to spend sometime on the sea side on Saturday...

Amba is looking for a foster or forever home
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

23-07-2010, 08:22 PM
Some more pictures of Amba, taken on Saturday afternoon.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with us if you think Amba might be the right dog for you. There are chances she might well be. Amba is also available for foster until her forever home comes along!

Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I keep looking hopeing you are saying she has got a home
I cant believe she is being overlooked - lovely girl - so sad
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-07-2010, 05:37 PM
Everyone of us in our rescue loves Amba - we are all dumbfounded and can't believe she is still with us.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

10-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Antoine walked Amba on Sunday - here are some new pics:

Amba is still in boarding kennels and would really benefit from some TLC in a foster home until her forever home comes along.
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-08-2010, 08:50 PM
Keep faith little princess, your home will come soon.

lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2010, 10:38 PM
oh, i cant believe she hasnt found a home i soooo wish i could give her home its heartbreaking, and seeing fantastic dogs like her stuck in kennels just reinforces why i will only ever rescue!
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 9 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 >