Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2014, 01:20 PM

My vet has moved

Still the same area and the surgery has still the same equipment - according to Ram they have even more and better now and it is very close to where the previous surgery was.

But Pereg is used to the other surgery and I do not know how she will react to a new place. New smells and all that? She has never known anything but there and I do not know how she will feel.

She has never had a problem going to the surgery - always happy to see Ram and whichever vet nurse is there, but this is a different place and she does not know it. Nor do I.

She is due for full check-up, blood tests etc on 19 November but I want to take her earlier if possible - only she has to wait for two seizure-free weeks before the next blood test and she is only on Day 5 since the last episodes.

I think maybe I should take her tomorrow so she learns the place so is not worried?
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2014, 02:09 PM
maybe get Ram to meet you there maybe just outside the door? SO she thinks hmmm where we at mum, aha! theres that Ram character all is well?
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-11-2014, 03:52 PM
It is a wee bit more complicated as whichever taxi driver I use [either David or Meir] has to first take Pereg in on her leash - get the vet nurse to hold her while he comes out to get my chair out so I can wheel in.. so it will all be new to both of us.

Not as if I can just take her with no planning - it is a right performance for both of us to go out.

I do not think I will take her tomorrow to get her acclimatised as she is still a bit not quite herself - best leave it until the blood tests as she needs to be 14 days seizure-free before the next one and I do not want her to get confuddled. She is always happy to see Ram though so should not be too bothered that it is in a different place.

I hope.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2014, 04:35 PM
I know Dillon doesn't have Pereg's problems but he has two new vets since moving here and coped really well. I did wonder about the fist change from his original vet as a puppy let alone having to change again in a short space of time.
I hope Pereg copes well with it I am sure she will.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-11-2014, 05:06 PM
Lynn - it is the surgery that has moved and not that far, so it will only be a different place, not a different vet. Ram said it is much better as the old place was, well, very old and a bit tatty even though he had modern equipment in it. It was on the cards that the surgery would be moving but I did not know when - I do not think he knew either.

I do not think Pereg could cope with a different vet - well maybe she could but I would not want to risk it. It is not just that she knows Ram, but that he knows her. And he knows that when it is time to go into the examination room and she does her road-kill imitation that he can literally pull her through while she is quietly giggling!

She knows he is going to do it - he knows she thinks it funny - but anyone who did not know would think oh how wicked is he to drag that poor dog in like that!
Dobermonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Lol! Bless her little soul xxx
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

05-11-2014, 10:42 PM
He really does drag her in! I am usually there a bit early as he is never sure what time he will be free, so we sit in the waiting room. And when it is The Time he takes her lead, she does her road-kill imitation and and he says "right Pereg, if that is the way you want it" and really does pull her into the examination room while I wheel in!

It is just about the funniest thing ever! She adores Ram [it is mutual] and does not do it because she is scared or anything - she does it because she is Pereg and we all know that she is just being Pereg and being funny. And we all reckon she is giggling!

I just hope that she does not get distressed by the new premises - she is so used to the old one, but as long as she sees Ram she should be fine. He really is a very special guy.