Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

30-10-2014, 05:29 AM

Gimmicks or useful gadgets?

I love the idea of some of these - especially useful for those that have to work. What do you think? Wonder if we can get them to give some away to our members..

PetCube's promise: Play games with your pet remotely

If you're feeling lovesick when you are apart from your pet, one Ukrainian start up thinks it has the answer.

The PetCube remote camera allows you to communicate easily and even play games with your beloved dog or cat.

But is this technology gone barking mad?

The BBC's North America technology correspondent Richard Taylor spoke to PetCube's Yukia Zimmermann to find out.
Video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29802428

Device claims to make dogs 'smarter'

A team of US graduate students has developed a dog feeder which they believe can make pets smarter.

Co-founders of CleverPet Leo Trottier and Dan Knudsen met at University of California, San Diego, where they studied for PhDs in cognitive science and neuroscience respectively.

Using their experience of working with animals, they decided to develop a digital dog feeder, that uses algorithms based on behavioural science to set dogs progressively harder challenges, with food as a reward.

Working out of their living room, they turned to crowdfunding service Kickstarter to try and get funding for their prototype. BBC News caught up with them by webcam over the internet.
video: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-27342227
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

30-10-2014, 06:59 AM
Possibly interesting to some but neither would be of any use to me.

The first because I do not leave my dog for more than half an hour while I pop out to the local shop, and the second because somehow I cannot see that working with a raw fed dog!
Wolfwitch
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2014, 05:57 PM
Ah I saw these on "The secret lives of Dogs" !
I think these are all band aids for our guilty conscience when we do have to leave them on their own
Still, if you do have a dog with severe separation anxiety and this helps, then I'm all for it.
It shouldn't be an enabler to be gone for longer though..
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2014, 06:13 PM
How interesting
Maybe we could have a competition like last year for the steam mop. I promise not to enter this year!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

31-10-2014, 06:52 PM
They look interesting and useful for people who have to leave their dogs daily while they work. Fortunately I do not have to leave Dillon every day on his own.
Nippy Jen.