View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ellie&3Collies
New Member!
Female 

04-08-2014, 10:33 PM
There are no threads or comments anywhere within the last 2 years with evidence stating this is a breeding farm. Neither of you have once answered why do you feel so strongly about this have you visited the premises? Or are you purely acting on hearsay?
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-08-2014, 11:04 PM
They have a video posted on their site. In it, you see their dogs. There are tons of dogs of various breeds. Way too many. Also, if you look at THEIR website, they breed all kinds of different breeds. I have seen this within the last two years. There is a thread here about it somewhere.

This includes the Dalmatian (which they don't do proper health testing on and never claim to) Aussies, BC's, and other "designer" breeds such as BC/Aussie. They "supply" dogs, which means commercial. They don't claim to properly health test any of their dogs. They only mention the dogs are reared to their extremely high standards.

ALL of this can be found on their OWN website and by looking up videos and articles posted by THEM. I AM NOT EVEN A UK RESIDENT but only one look at the site and their videos made it extremely clear. Certainly NO hearsay, all this came from examination of their own site and videos.

Moreover, just because nothing has been heard in the last two years doesn't mean they've cleaned up their act and should be 100% trusted. I bet your puppy is great and totally healthy, but the place is a puppy farm.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 12:21 AM
On their website they have a litter of puppies advertised by their "Well proven stud" Gwynion Paddy-now you would think they would know the registered names of their breeding dogs wouldn't you ? Er no they have obviously forgotten that he is in fact Paddy Gwynion (ISDS 280634)with the KC, he couldn't be Gwynion Paddy as they did not breed him.

The KC records for their dogs show that no health tests have been done on any of their breeding dogs not even the basic clinical eye test.

Their "new" Dalmatian stud dog also has had no health testing done & has a COI of 7.3% when the breed average is 5.3% so he is more inbred than most Dalmatians & has been at stud since 2009 siring 30 registered litters ! mostly to their own bitches

Still think they are not puppy farmers ?

They are Local Authority Licensed breeders which makes them commercial breeders-aka Puppy farmers
Fabnkinky
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 08:22 AM
I've 5 collies and 2 of mine are Gwynion's ones tri merle & one is red Merle .. Both healthy & no issues ...

I don't think in the slightest that it's a puppy farm, I seen both my boys parents and siblings, the sleeping area and inside owners house.. I've researched puppy farms and all the pointers to look for I didn't experience with this breeder ...

Don't believe everything you read online ... Online is people's opinions NOT fact ... Talk to people who have actually been to Gwynion and people that own the dogs not people that have read 'reports' online
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 08:29 AM
But Fabnkinky, this is all on THEIR website, not blog about them or sites trying to defame them. It's on THEIR site.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 08:31 AM
Welcome Fabnkinky to Dogsey.
You have to remember that we have some very knowledgable and experienced dog owners and breeders on Dogsey who do a lot of their own research.
Ellie&3Collies
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 08:40 AM
It is unfair for people to scrutinise new members and scare them into thinking their puppies have health issues. We have been to the farm and expierenced it so it is unfair to try and scare people without even being a UK resident. The farm I got Bella from was a very small farm and she was kept in a shed with her mum and litter. I have seen dogs in a lot worse conditions then gwynion they are free to roam and have large enclosed spaces
mjfromga
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 08:53 AM
In no way did I ever say nor imply that your puppy had health problems, actually I said otherwise. Your puppy is probably perfectly healthy and is a great puppy, but technically they are commercial breeders, and therefore a puppy farm.
Fabnkinky
New Member!
Female 

05-08-2014, 09:15 AM
Your in the USA how on earth could you ever have any proper experience with Gwynion ??

Both parents of my dogs were happy healthy nice shiney coats êtc, I'm sorry but until you have dealings with them personally then I don't think you should be issuing 'advice'
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Fabnkinky, I'm pleased that you have a healthy happy pup.
You were lucky not all puppy farm puppies are healthy and it is always good to make people aware of health testing etc.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >