Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 07:25 PM

Aaaargh, spit spit bleeeuuuch !!!

I just ate something from a multi-pack of single flavour snacks which was not supposed to be in the pack and I didnt notice as the bag colour is so similar to the correct item.
I have mulriple allergies and whats in the snack is among those allergies so now I face an evening of :smt078 plus a major headache because its a toxin to me, and a few days of still being able to taste it because once its in the system it has to work its way out of the tissues.
[ Sorry if this is too graphic !!!! ].

Thankfully it burned on contact so I spat it out immediately, but some people have food allergies which are so severe that even breathing in particles can cause anaphylaxis, and could die from something like this, so I was damned lucky that I reacted so fast, [ through experience basically ! ], and guzzled a load of water straight away, and will have some milk which is a good soother for me.

I`m not naming the product at this point as I have sent an email to them about it and will await their response before I decide what action may or may not need taking, [ by that I mean their safety protocols, not me going sue-happy or anything like that ! ].

The point of this post is, please guys, if anyone has food allergies or kids with food allergies, dont assume something you or they are about to snack on is not a wrong product that got mixed in during packaging - double check that its what it should be first !!!

*Groan, whimper, spit spit spit*
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Oh Patch, you poor thing. Hope whatever it is works it's way out of your system the best way possible and as quick as it can. Hugs honey xxoxoxoxo