View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

04-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Don`t know B/l, really don`t know

Me being me I`d feel more comfortable having a fecal to rule anything else out, all due respect to your but vet he can`t know for sure without doing 1...

Keep up with the yoghurt & honey, try to get some garlic in her as well sometime tomorrow with her food & I`d feed her as normal as long as she`s ok tonight with no more runs.

I`ll have a read & look round see if I can come up with some more ideas

One thing coming to mind is make a broth with chicken carcass/pieces/bones & root veg & garlic when its done strain it then when its cold take the fat off the top & let her have some to drink.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi Christine

Well that's worth a try.

I will see how things look in the morning. We are on our way to bed now.. We have training in the morning. I've taken some meatballs out of the freezer for treats for her.

I have taken some venison out for her to eat when we get home from training. If its still runny at that time, then I might not give her anything untill dinnertime.. Maybe make that broth.

This is such a pain in the butt..

Thank you Christine, you are so helpful
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-03-2006, 06:57 AM
Hope shes been ok B/L let us know when you get back from training
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Have you seen this site for getting probiotics B/L

http://www.ecomap.dk/uk/kategori.php

You want to try to get a probiotic containing these 3 L. acidophilus [found
in small intestine], B. bifidum [found in large intestine] and L. bulgaricus [found in yogurt which helps the other two bacteria]
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Christine
Hope shes been ok B/L let us know when you get back from training
Hi

Well its now 11.30 am here in Denmark and we are just home from training (and a little detour around my mum's for the turkey chopsticks)

She woke me up at 6 30 am this morning wanting to go out. It was not waterthin but not shaped either.. It was better than last night though. And there's no more wind either.

And she's been outside for 3½ hours now and have only peed, so I dont think there's any of the "bad" stuff (whatever it was) left...

Oh and I went to the supermarket near my mum's, and found some (more) pigtails, some pigribs and some calf heart. And then I saw a lamb back, but it was very expenssive... £7 for 850 grams.. Not money I have right now. I bought some more cultura.. it has the Lactobacillus acidophilus and bifido, but not the bulgarius.. it has lactobacillus casei f19 instead.. Should I buy some yogurt and mix in?

I gave her 3 tablespoons of the cultura this morning and nothing else.. Should I give her the venison (her breakfast today) or should I wait and only feed her tonight?

I'm knackered now.. after 3½ hours in the snow, just walking or standing.. pheew.. Luna will sleep for 15 minutes and then she's up and ready to go again
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-03-2006, 10:50 AM
Hiya J, doesn`t sound too bad then Did you give her the meatballs, if so how many & what potion of her breckie did they make up?

If she`s had nothing I`d give her half what she normally has for b/fast & the other half tonight. Yes but some yoghurt & mix the cultura in. Tell me does it have recommended amounts, if so what are they? Yes lambs expensive here as well but usually the ribs & necks are cheaper, never mind.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Well its kinda tiny meatballs these.. Used in soup. I think we are talking 5-10 grams a piece, and she got about 7 or 8 I think..

I just gave her a little pigtail and now she's looking for more

No it doesnt say any recomendations.. I think people use it for breakfast (I dont like milk and yogurts and stuff like that, so I'm not sure ) I can have it natural, with raspberries or with pineapple... kinda like our yogurts here aswell.. (they come in several other fruitflavours aswell with chunks of fruit in)

I'll buy some yogurt later.. so I'll have that for her dinner.

I think at the muslim butcher I paid 100 danish kroner (that's about £10 give and take) for 3 kg lambribs, so not too bad, but still more expenssive than pork ribs (which, of course, I cant get at the muslim butcher, but buy at the local supermarkets..)

I'll just give her some of the venison now then.. Just half a portion...

Oh and thank you for that link.. I've found a store just very close to my work, so that's great
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

05-03-2006, 11:49 AM
Ok J, heres some suggestions, I`m not sure what cultura is so I`d go for plain LIVE unsweetened yoghurt (no fruits/flavourings at all just plain) WITH a probiotic capsule/powder/liquid form containg the 3 bacteria (or at least 2) mentioned in my previous post, don`t worry whether its dairy or not & give them daily.

Make notes of dates of all the d/rear she`s had (what you remember) how many times she`d gone on the day, including last nights, colour how soft/watery half n half etc & what she`d had to eat the day it occured & what she`d eaten the previous day & any wind probs. Any treats as well. It`ll help see if theres a pattern. What the meatballs made with, any additives etc?

Hope she`s fine today
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Well I keep a diary and have done that since we switched in september. So I do have it in writing.

This Cultura has the 2 bacterias... And the one I've bought is the natural one.. without sugar, fruit or things.

I'll see if I can find some money to somehow buy these probiotics. But for now she seems fine.. She's sleeping now

I'll search for probiotics containing those bacterias..

Uhm, the meatballs: 31% pork, 31% beef, 19% water, 6% pasteurised eggwhites, 4% onion, 3% flour, 3% potatoflour, 2% breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and E300.. Oh dear, not good...

Thanks Christine
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey... I just found some pills containing all 3 bacterias

Now to find out where I can get them And I just did Will go find a price on them tomoz
Page 8 of 18 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »