Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2021, 07:33 AM

Daily Chat Monday 12th April

Good morning everyone

Pleased Mark has found a good car. Scratches are par for the course it would seem as Ben's had some on the passenger back door which we didn't see when looking to buy as it was overcast it took the sun once home with it to show them up.

Dull here this morning with an early frost and a snow shower whilst out wit Teazle.

Hope allure well. Stay safe
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2021, 07:38 AM
Morning Sue and one and all, Yep the same with double glazing, if a pane of glass has blown it only shows when the sun shines. Then it dries up and it can't be seen to show the landlord or the double glazier. Been up awhile and yep got snowed on when putting some rubbish out. So that is my exercise for the time being. Now making lists of what I can spend and what to buy on Tesco. Love a list. Written one not leaning over. lol!! Have a good day all.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2021, 08:17 AM
Good morning Sue and Brenda and all to follow. Have a good day all, stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2021, 10:08 AM
Morning Sue, brenda, Moyra and all to follow.
Hard frost again this morning, still on the chilly side but dry and sunny intervals.
Bit of washing in the machine not sure if I will get it out today, depends on how long they take to grind the mortar out on next doors chimney.
Few scratches not an issue mechanically sound is top of the order for us. We can stop stressing now or rather I can.

Keep safe and well everyone.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2021, 11:33 AM
Good afternoon all.

Lovely day here. Still a little chilly but better than it has been and the sun is shining.

Not much on except watching the folk across the road bring their stuff into the bungalow that they've just bought. They've been bringing stuff for three days now, but no sign yet of them moving in. I'm not nosey, honest (Ok maybe a little bit), but the bungalow is straight facing us so impossible not to see. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2021, 12:44 PM
Ha ha Chris it can't be helped if they are opposite.

Well I am trying not to get myself into a complete tizzy then lose it. I was hoovering got to the front bedroom someone had parked again with their bumper partly across the drive.
If we have enough room other side getting off is not to difficult it's getting the Chrysler back on we need that corner that people seem to leave their bumpers hanging over to give us room to reverse on.
So I saw her come back from the park with her dog and politely pointed it out. They park their wheel against the elevated part of the kerb and do not realise their bumper is hanging over.

I was very polite and she apologised. We need a bright yellow mark their or a boulder but not sure you are allowed to put on against the kerb on the road are you ? Just enough to stop them going any further.

I have already said to Gorden when we no longer have Dillon and he is fully retired we need to think about moving I need to live somewhere that others cannot annoy me. I am always considerate and check I am not causing any hassle to anyone it is frustrating me as I get older that others don't.

I need a lane and a field to live in as long as I can get deliveries when I'm no longer able to drive that's fine. One of the reasons we moved here and not further out was because we still have Dillon to consider regards vets visits especially emergencies.

So watch this space one day although I said we wouldn't be moving again we might.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2021, 01:24 PM
Oh Lynn that is a shame as you were quite happy with your move. It seems so mean when it is just people being inconsiderate. I hope you find a solution to the problem.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2021, 01:51 PM
It will be ok Moyra who knows in 2 + years things may change.
We won't be putting Dillon through another move he stresses at the least thing now. When Gorden returns to work even if he doesn't stay over now the station so close is helpful as is the park for Dillon we still have 2 years to see if things change.
It's mostly the people who use the park, our neighbours on the right have similar problems and if they do it by mistake we can ask them and not have issues.
Problem is when they put their camper van back on the road we will find it difficult to see round so between that and the van the other side it can make life a problem.
I miss being somewhere where I get to see wildlife also.
Nothing set in concrete but thought I would forewarn Gorden that it is on my mind for the future.
He wasn't surprised after last week and the scaffold incident.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-04-2021, 02:37 PM
Lynn, have you thought about pestering the council and saying that your drive is being compromised day in day out. Maybe they can put the white, entrance lines on the road or even yellow lines. If you push long and hard it might just solve the problem - you never know
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-04-2021, 03:20 PM
We are thinking about the white lines H bars if it continues.
You have to apply and pay £120 up front. If they reject the application you get your money back.
I am not sure people would take much notice of them they ignore the ones in front of the gates for the mower or van to access the gates to empty the bins or mow the grass.

It's people just not looking and checking when parked that woman didn't even realise till I pointed it out and she actually looked. Oh yes she said sorry won't do it again.

I am sure I need to live in the middle of a field with only family and friends visiting. I am getting a grumpy old woman.

Anything interesting gone in the bungalow ?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >