Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2021, 09:01 AM

Daily Thread, Tuesday, 2nd March, 2021

Good morning everyone. I trust you are all ok. Your four legged friends too. Have a good day, take things easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2021, 12:04 PM
Afternoon Moyra and all to follow.
Looks like me and everyone else is on board today.

Walked Dillon, had breakfast, brushed Dillon, Gorden now hoovering. Had to do a bottom clean up for Dillon he is getting on track but nothing at the moment seems to agree with him. Ordered him the Rocketo air dried as he got on well with that, I was worried that maybe that had contributed to his bloat, but as usual I overthink things.
Can't be doing to many bottom clean ups not easy on a dog like Dillon and he isn't the best behaved when ot comes to his bottom.
So hopefully tlll he goes back on this other food which I must admit I never had any digestion issues with we have no more issues.
Camera going up today tested it around the house and the vision is excellent.

griff hope your feeling a little less stressed regards Kota.

Hope everyone is well and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2021, 01:24 PM
Good afternoon all

Had a nice walk washing blowing nicely and this years council tax . Ah well had to be done.

News on the bird man apparently its legal. The ides is to stop them nesting so they do not disturb them later which is a bit presumptuous as not agreed planning or final agreement.

Moyra Good morning, how is life with you?

Griff Wow but seems not over priced surprising how it adds up. Sounds like it could be a trapped nerve or maybe simply age? But at least nothing sinister showed up.

Lynn Glad you got the camera up after you cleaned Dillon up he would not want that broadcasting round the social media sites and embarrassing him LOL

Have a good afternoon all. My nephew is having his jab tomorrow afternoon should be infesting as he hates needles my sister has pre advised them.LOL
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2021, 01:26 PM
Out the front with Gorden putting up the camera and postie stopped I have my letter to book the jab.
Gorden hasn't had his and he is 2 years older.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

02-03-2021, 02:40 PM
Griff - So glad it looks like nothing too serious with Kota. Bet you're pleased you had insurance, we've never been able to get it because of pre-existing conditions which is common with rescue dogs. Owners just dump them if it looks like major medication required. Lara was typical, she had been keept for breeding and had lung cancer when she came to us, it progressed to the other lung, there was no treatment (Sadly you can't give chemo to a dog) so when the other lung was shot she just died.

I also suport you all over the 'birds of prey' thing. I have no idea what the rules are. Where Alena and Xena go for walks (Knettishall Forrest) there is an 'inner' fenced area, dogs must be on lead from March to June to protect the ground nesting birds, the rest of the year and all year in the 'outer' area dogs caan be off lead. The whole are is fenced and away from traffic so it's a very good place to go.

Nice day here, hope you all have a good day, see you latter
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2021, 02:44 PM
Hi all... won't be around much, going to have a tough week
Basically there's slight age degeneration in her elbow....not enough to cause the pain she's in, when they x-ray, they catch part of the spine....seems my partner in crime has a narrowing of her spinal column between t5 &t6.....if she hasn't improved significantly in a week, she will have to see a neurosurgeon and probably have surgery, I am just off to collect her some more pain relief and if she is still really active....she will have to be sedated, I have been told any change...on particular if she goes lame on her back legs then I must get on to the vets immediately
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2021, 03:13 PM
Harvey... Very relieved for insurance... expensive but the bill was just shy of £1000 yesterday and I dread to think how much the surgery is going to be...I only have £7000 each year and what with solicitors fees money is tight already...will worry about that as and when
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2021, 04:01 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hi all... won't be around much, going to have a tough week
Basically there's slight age degeneration in her elbow....not enough to cause the pain she's in, when they x-ray, they catch part of the spine....seems my partner in crime has a narrowing of her spinal column between t5 &t6.....if she hasn't improved significantly in a week, she will have to see a neurosurgeon and probably have surgery, I am just off to collect her some more pain relief and if she is still really active....she will have to be sedated, I have been told any change...on particular if she goes lame on her back legs then I must get on to the vets immediately
Hope she improves Griff I had something similar back when I was taken into hospital with my back/sciatica it was suspected cauda equina but luckily mine was resolved with physio not an operation.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Deffo surgery if she's not better next week.... bloody keeps mooching about, this will be a loooooong week!!
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2021, 08:29 PM
Not such good news Kelly, but hopefully repairable.

Lynn, we were lucky. They 'phoned me from our local centre to give me an appointment and I asked about Dave so they made him one too. I then mentioned that Gary had been missed out when they did his assisted living accommodation so they also made an appointment with the home team. It worked out pretty well
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >