Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2020, 06:52 AM

Daily Chat Monday 16th March

Good morning everyone

Set to be dry today so have some washing out to dry. Teazle walked early and off to the dentist later and then a loo roll hunt as down to my last two

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2020, 07:29 AM
Good morning Sue and all to follow. Good luck with your loo roll search some greedy buggers can't move for the amount they have stored up! I am hoping that mine will come with my Tesco order this morning.

I hope everyone are well and have a good day with their four legged friends. Keep warm and dry and above everything stay safe and well.
God Bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2020, 08:15 AM
Morning Sue, Moyra and all to follow.
Good luck with the toilet roll hunt Sue and hope you get yours in the delivery Moyra.

Dillon at vet today for annual check up. Heart, eyes, and overall condition. I have found a lump near his spine but it under the skin and squishy so hoping a fatty lipoma.

Keep safe and well everyone and all four legged friends to.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2020, 11:31 AM
Morning all

Off out in a minute then back home 2 loads of washing on the line and another load in just before I go out to be put out later.
This feels like we are living in a weird time all phone ins on radio returning to the subject of contra virus. Some people really scared by the sounds of it. I am just being sensible and that's my lot. Can see the risk to poorly people although after one stroke one TIA and 3 battles with cancer since 2010 I could suppose I could be classed under that heading but my general health is good/excellent so lucky and carrying on.

Have a good day all
alg

Have a good day all
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2020, 12:00 PM
My Tesco delivery was a shambles. They sent me loads of alternatives I didn't want and left a lot off of what I desperately needed. All because a lot of people are buying unnecessary stuff. I give up!

I did get some Andrex t. rolls so for that I am grateful.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-03-2020, 12:38 PM
I think that's all we can do Kazz, be sensible not stop life if you feel well and are not showing symptoms, if you are isolate for the 7 day period and take it from there if you feel you need to isolate more or seek medical advice.
If not get back to normal.
Sorry the delivery was a shambles Moyra, at least you got toilet rolls. I gave up with the alternatives as they usually no where near the items you need so might as well have nothing.

Back form Dillon's health check all good. Very pleased with him new vet she said until she read his records she wouldn't of guessed he was nearly 8.5 years old.
She found it hard to locate the squishy lump as did I so the conversation was monitor it if concerned take him back. We both felt fatty lipoma or infected sebaceous cyst which may of well sorted itself out.

Gorden not going back to work for the foreseeable future. No lectures allowed, schools while open not anting tutors in as they go from one school to another. Teaching will have to be done via skype and the other worry is if they cannot do the school assessment how do they pass them. It's going to be a game of Russian roulette.
Any big upcoming meetings likely to be cancelled to. From my point of view I am relieved due to him not having to use public transport or sleep in the hostel. No symptoms from his stay last week and would like to keep it that way.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2020, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
My Tesco delivery was a shambles. They sent me loads of alternatives I didn't want and left a lot off of what I desperately needed. All because a lot of people are buying unnecessary stuff. I give up!

I did get some Andrex t. rolls so for that I am grateful.
Moyra Sorry you did not get what you needed I stopped alternatives like Lynn. I feel for anyone in food retail at the moment, saw a lady who works in my local Iceland today and she said after 34 years in retail yesterday was the worst she has experienced people screaming fighting and one man spat at another customer. There freezers are decimated and even though they have the food the people are buying in freezer size loads. Sainsburys ladies where I popped into to go to Argos said some of their staff had to be sent home due to abuse this last weekend. Although they are limiting qty of certain items, the community people officer was in the store today which seems apparently to have made a massive difference and apparently a proper policeman in Asda over the weekend. I would not say where I live required that amount of policing but as the lady from Iceland said she had never seen 3/4 of these people before the weekend.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2020, 04:19 PM
YET No one I speak to admits bulk buying.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2020, 04:22 PM
Sue. Hope the hunt is successful Sainsburys had some in today. All I can say is it has to ease off as people will run out of money or space.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2020, 04:48 PM
Oh dear Moyra that is not good. I don't know what they think when they replace items that are no where near what you ordered

My dental appointment was good but Barry needs a couple of fillings

Well done to Dillon on passing his annual check up

Loo roll hunt was useless but found some in our little local shop. Barry has placed an order on line but they won't be delivered before the 1st April and by then no doubt people will have no space left to put anymore. Popped into Lidl on way home and no frozen veg at all. Going to Tesco tomorrow early to see what I can find.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >