Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pauli
New Member!
Male 

22-12-2017, 02:17 PM

Which robot vacuum for dog fur?

Hi guys,

Okay so I've been dealing with a problem. I have furry dogs around the house and they leave balls of their furs around the house especially on the carpet. I have a robot vacuum that is not really effective for the furs. So now I am looking at ilife and roomba models as I've read somewhere that they are effective against dog furs on carpets. There is this article that I just ran into [link removed] which they made a comparison on both. Can you suggest anything?
Ptolemy82
New Member!
Male 

23-12-2017, 01:48 PM
The roomba we have is useless with dog hair.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

23-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
Can you suggest anything?
Get some of those clear plastic carpet overlays (like you sometimes see in hotels)

You'll never find a domestic vacuum cleaner that is really effective on dog hairs, here in the dreaded European Union all domestic manufacturers were recently limited in the power the motor could use. Probably not applicable in America but I still wouldn't expect the domestic ones to be any good..

You could consider an industrial type and there are powerful units used by trade and hobby woodworkers (To collect the sawdust that their machines spit out out)

Above all don't believe the 'comments' that you see below many web site advertisements. Mostly they are just people trying to justify their mistakes
Besoeker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by pauli View Post
Hi guys,

Okay so I've been dealing with a problem. I have furry dogs around the house and they leave balls of their furs around the house especially on the carpet. I have a robot vacuum that is not really effective for the furs. So now I am looking at ilife and roomba models as I've read somewhere that they are effective against dog furs on carpets. There is this article that I just ran into [link removed] which they made a comparison on both. Can you suggest anything?
Brush your dogs regularly. And have them groomed professionally.