Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-12-2015, 11:58 PM

Old geeza Ben

Bens still plodding along,he's 15.5 years young.hes suffering from bad hips in his back and limps on his front leg now.but with pain meds n little n often toddles he's doing ok. I know there will be the time when we will have to take him for his final ride in the car,but not quite yet.he eats well.hes going deaf or selective hearing as its known as. Can hear the word bikki and jumbone ( his favorite) his eyesight isn't good now.and he can fart for England lol.hes been known to overpower a smelly candle and an incense stick. But he's my boy and we love him to bits.x
Azz
Administrator
Male 

05-12-2015, 12:03 AM
Nice to see you Cathy, and glad to hear Ben is plodding on bless him.

You'll have to upload some photos of the old boy. 15 years is a fantastic age - he's lucky to have had you
Phil
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-12-2015, 12:09 AM
Bless him.

You sound sad.

We've all been there.

You know your dog better than anybody. Give him plenty of love, Keep him safe and sound but do right by him xxx

For now enjoy the farts. Deafness isn't a problem.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-12-2015, 11:16 AM
A wonderful age and as long as he is happy who cares if he farts His deafness and failing sight he will cope with and you can enjoy the time you know you have left. Hugs as we have all been there waiting for that awful day.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-12-2015, 11:56 AM
Hi Cathy I am delighted to hear Ben is still going strong , give him a hug from me...
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Thanks all.I've gone from a laptop to a tablet so lost all my favorite's ect.
Bens quite perky the last few days.we went away for a few days last week.got a small caravan.Ben slept in the awning.on a massive quilt,he was very cozy.he met his first peacock.not sure he knew what it was.and the other week he had a young fox walk by his side.then came to the door with him.Ben didn't bat an eye lid. But he can still spot a squirrel lol.I won't let him chase them as he will be limping all day.but he would be proud of himself.he caught 1 once in his youth.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2015, 11:37 PM
Bless him, he sounds like he's still enjoying life if a little more sedately.

Treasure every precious moment with him and keep on building those happy memories. xx
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

30-12-2015, 03:24 AM
They can be some of the best, the slower days, when it's too much of a bother to do much moving around, so we pass the time wrapped in warm fuzzy things, remembering who we are and why we love each other so much. Bless Ben, bless his farty butt, and may his sunsets blaze.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-02-2016, 10:42 PM
He's still with us happily.he's given me a few scares recently,he can't get up off a slippery floor so he's confined to the front room and the hallway.so he sprawls out happily passing wind,although I've got him on gentle food.for sensitive tummy's, mixed with a bit of iams for old geeza dogs.he has a bit of ham with his meds in the middle.and when I ran out of ham he had his own finger buffet.1/2 slice of bread.small amount of bertoli spread with salmon pâté he loved it lol. And if I come home without a jumbone for sir he gets all huffy.and turns his back on me lol.he's certainly got us wrapped firmly around his paw.but he's an old boy now so I let him get away with it.but all this slow walking and struggling to get up.all a sham I think,if the postie knocks he up like a whippet n wanting to see what's at the door.
But every night I give him tender strokes on the face and tell him night night and that I love him,just in case he has his final sleep.
Strangechilde
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-02-2016, 11:12 PM
Those Jumbones may be undoing all the good the sensitive tummy stuff does! But if he likes them, who cares? They're great for improving fart strength.
If you can find some pure beeswax, you might rub a little on his paws to help with the slippery floors. Just warm it in your fingers, not too much. Just might help him get his feet more quickly when he goes to greet the postie.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >