Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-12-2015, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by mjfromga View Post
Pamper? Lol yeah right!
Hmmm would you care to elaborate on that enigmatic statement?
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-12-2015, 04:59 PM
How much I miss a nice bath, with candles, a good book, a glass of wine. Not getting out until the water is cold, the bubbles have all popped and my hands and feet are so wrinkly that everything feels a bit odd.

We moved house about 20 months ago, just a shower... Rubbish. Not enough money to replace it (whole bathroom needs ripping out, walls need replastering etc) so instead of saving like normal people and being practical OH and I have a hotel trip every few months (when we are getting desperate for a soak in a bath) and spend a night, more or less, taking turns in the bath.

Just before Christmas last year we went to a little cabin type place, with it's own outside hot-tub jacuzzi thing. That was pure bliss.
For my birthday OH took me to a 'spa' place. Very private, you don't see anyone (only you and the staff there, no other guests), hot tub, sauna, massages. Lovely! But expensive. No beautifying or that sort of 'rubbish' (not my thing at all!) just relaxing. Lots of time to read, spend time with OH (we're still pretty young and inlove, not bored of each other yet so very nice) and a lovely chilled atmosphere.
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2015, 02:09 AM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
How much I miss a nice bath, with candles, a good book, a glass of wine. Not getting out until the water is cold, the bubbles have all popped and my hands and feet are so wrinkly that everything feels a bit odd.

We moved house about 20 months ago, just a shower... Rubbish. Not enough money to replace it (whole bathroom needs ripping out, walls need replastering etc) so instead of saving like normal people and being practical OH and I have a hotel trip every few months (when we are getting desperate for a soak in a bath) and spend a night, more or less, taking turns in the bath.

Just before Christmas last year we went to a little cabin type place, with it's own outside hot-tub jacuzzi thing. That was pure bliss.
For my birthday OH took me to a 'spa' place. Very private, you don't see anyone (only you and the staff there, no other guests), hot tub, sauna, massages. Lovely! But expensive. No beautifying or that sort of 'rubbish' (not my thing at all!) just relaxing. Lots of time to read, spend time with OH (we're still pretty young and inlove, not bored of each other yet so very nice) and a lovely chilled atmosphere.
Have had one bath since I moved in here nearly 4 years ago..the man for some reason when he redid the bathroom put in an extra long bath so the water which takes a lot of cash to heat only comes to three inches..... In all my years in Ireland most of the houses I have rented only have a shower. So now I revert to childhood ways of a bowl of hot water by the fire... thought re a bath somewhere but the hassle of getting dressed and all the way home rather than just sinking into bed palls...
SarahJade
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2015, 05:05 PM
I really love a bath, so to me a high bill is sort of worth it. Still has to be cheaper than a hotel room... I do occasionally go to my parents house to use theirs. But as you say, getting out of a bath, getting dressed and going home isn't the same as getting into a nice comfortable bed.

We're actually talking about a night somewhere next weekend, a nice start to our Christmas holidays as we are both off work but can't really afford a real holiday and don't have anywhere for the pets to go.
twix
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2015, 05:09 PM
My idea of pampering would be for someone to clean my house from top to bottom. Or anything else that's practical! My hairdresser must think I'm odd because when she comes to me I don't even look in the mirror to see what she's done!
Rosebud77
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-12-2015, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by SarahJade View Post
I really love a bath, so to me a high bill is sort of worth it. Still has to be cheaper than a hotel room... I do occasionally go to my parents house to use theirs. But as you say, getting out of a bath, getting dressed and going home isn't the same as getting into a nice comfortable bed.

We're actually talking about a night somewhere next weekend, a nice start to our Christmas holidays as we are both off work but can't really afford a real holiday and don't have anywhere for the pets to go.
No money for a high bill! Really not a choice. And no heating in the bathroom either.. Love my fireside washes.. Really snug and easy.... second childhood time..one of my earliest memories is being in the tin bath in front of the fire. When I was in Orkney and in the first house in Ireland I had all the hot water I could wish for and loved my daily bath. Perfect end to the day.
lovemybull
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Pedicure maybe once a month...if money was no object it would be weekly...daily even. I see it as a necessity, I'm on my feet most of the day. A good pedicure and you're walking on clouds, plus pretty toes. Add reading a good book at the same time and I'm in my complete happy place.
sags
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-12-2015, 10:00 PM
Oh ...soaking in a relaxing bubbly bath hits the spot for me. Then crawling out, sliding into a nice warm bed with my Kindle, a nice cuppa and a stack of Jaffa cakes.

I gave up choc ices for treats when I messed up the duvet too much with melted chocolate. I'm a mucky pup.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2