Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 05:39 PM

Dog Rescues beware of this man

He is going to rescues to get dogs to use as Bait dogs Anyone selling or giving or rehoming dogs anywhere please do not give a dog to this man
dog_geek
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-04-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't mean to be rude but how do you know this?

How do you know someone hasn't just made this up because they don't like the bloke?

I have seen this on the social media site and another of an rspca man who apparently was a dog thief in disguise (He was wearing a uniform). Turns out the man was actually belonging to the rspca as a fundraiser.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Yes I have been made aware now that it could be a fake/scam and if so I am truly sorry, but still would be worth being vigilant, but I guess we all are anyway x
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Yes I have been made aware now that it could be a fake/scam and if so I am truly sorry, but still would be worth being vigilant, but I guess we all are anyway x
I agree and it is always a good idea to make people aware.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 06:06 PM
So I have messaged the man where the post originated from and the guy in the pic, to ask whether this was true and how he knows (to the sender) and to warn the guy in the pic this is being shared, dunno if this will make a difference as neither will admit to A being a dog fighter or B to making up such evil lies so I doubt if this will get me anywhere, just annoyed at being deceived if this is a scam I must be nieve as the day I was born.....
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 06:12 PM
So I have messaged the man where the post originated from and the guy in the pic, to ask whether this was true and how he knows (to the sender) and to warn the guy in the pic this is being shared, dunno if this will make a difference as neither will admit to A being a dog fighter or B to making up such evil lies so I doubt if this will get me anywhere, just annoyed at being deceived if this is a scam I must be nieve as the day I was born.....
Lol not at all Zoe.
I had a message from my SiL this morning that I was doubtful about. This afternoon I was told about the same thing from..... my cousin in Canada
So you see these scams go world wide.
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

08-04-2013, 06:18 PM
There is some information about this man on the snopes website (about halfway down page)

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/dogstickers.asp
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Just looked more in to it and it has been "aired" on FB a couple of other times, http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1522 More info here that says maybe the name is a connection to dog baiting but they don't confirm the picture is the man who was enquiring, so a half truth, it has been shared 42,279 times worldwide, god I hope nobody bad uses my name in a crime
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 06:31 PM
Just looked more in to it and it has been "aired" on FB a couple of other times, http://www.thatsnonsense.com/view.php?id=1522 More info here that says maybe the name is a connection to dog baiting but they don't confirm the picture is the man who was enquiring, so a half truth, it has been shared 42,279 times worldwide, god I hope nobody bad uses my name in a crime
Well done Sherlock
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-04-2013, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Well done Sherlock
Lol Will teach me to think before I type, I'm far too trusting for my own good
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >